Hotel built in 2009, Last partial renovation 2014, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 83, Number of single rooms 9, Number of double rooms 75, of which have 2 separate beds 18, of which have a double bed 25, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 24, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 8, Number of apartments 2, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair hotel, Apartment/Suite hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, No-smoking room 83
Rankestr. 3, 10789 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 3.38 km
- City centre (Berlin) 3.26 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 7.02 km
- Highway (A104 - Abzweig Steglitz - Konstanzer Straße) 2.51 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 10,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR Fee per day 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers from 06:00 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Kosher food available
- Halal food available
- Vegetarian food available
- Diabetic food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Room safe
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Vending machine for beverages
- Express check-out
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 0 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Upper Room
A lot of choices for breakfast.
I booked a double room, but got a twin room. The room was nothing like the pictures posted in internet: small and crappy, with a very dirty carpet, a few levels worse than presented on the hotel website. The carpet at the entrance to the room was ripped off. I arrived late in the evening and could not cancel the reservation on the same day. I checked out as soon as I could, after the first night, but was charged for two nights as a penalty, although the hotel was fully booked. I would never book it again and would not recommend it to anyone!
Good location of Kurfürstendam, close to train station, subway and other public transport.
The hotel was nice but especially the hallways looked a bit worn, rooms were also on the small side.
First class breakfast. Flat sceen TV in room but no telephone
Not suitable for elderly/infirm due to number of stairs before you reach the lift
Good location, nice price. Nice old building.
Weared down rooms, dark interior.
Very basic hotel. The noise from Rankestrasse made it hard to sleep.
Location is excellent, very good street-noise isolation, new furniture in the room, excellent bathroom.
The hotel is located at 2 upper floors of an old bulding, you can use the lift only partly on the way up. If you have big cases you will relly suffer to bring them up along a narrow screw- staircase. The internet is not included in the price, but what is most disappointing - it doesnt really work even if you buy it - very slow or no connection in the room at all.
Our visit was exceptional and I have already recommended it to friends. Your one desk attendant, Zana, was particularly helpful!! Rate was great! If we return to Berlin, we will stay with you again and I will point all of my friends your way! Well done. Sincerely, Michael Heidt
None...once in a while a loud truck would go by in the morning, but for a big city, it was expected and not unexpected.