Strand House is a boutique hotel in a 700 year old historic Tudor house close to the sea. We provide a calm,, restful retreat from the stresses of modern living. We offer comfortable, elegant rooms and personal service in a historic area and with a love of food and cooking. Mary and Hugh have created the feel of a small intimate country house hotel. Our guests can stay in 10 historic rooms and 3 modern rooms in a garden cottage and each room has its own individual character.
Guests staying at Strand House enjoy the following:
* Relaxed and peaceful environment
* Tudor House with historic features that used to be the town's work-house
* 13 unique bedrooms each with its own ensuite bathroom (1 room has a private bathroom with a bath). Each room has a television, radio, often DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities and our Superior rooms have bathrobes and slippers.
* Free Wifi for guests in the public rooms and most of the bedrooms (medieval houses with their thick stone walls were not designed for WiFi)
* Dining room and two lounges available for guests to use
* Honesty bar serves a range of soft drinks, local beers, spirits and a full wine list including champagne
* Each booking includes a full cooked breakfast made with local ingredients and we have a range of lighter options available such as salmon and scrambled eggs, pancakes or a continental style breakfast with freshly cooked croissants
* We can provide afternoon tea to order as well as packed lunches and light snacks if pre-ordered
* We serve dinner on most Fridays and Satrudays with locally sources ingredients, fish from the local harbour and meat from the organic farm next door
* The house is surrounded by a woodland garden and has stunning views over the marshes in the direction of the sea
* Walking distance of the conserved medieval town of Winchelsea and 3 km from the historic town of Rye
* Walking distance of sea and the Rye Harbour Nature Reserve - great for birdwatchers
* We can advise you on a range of sights and activities in the local area and can arrange horse riding, sailing, golf and other activities if booked before your arrival
Strand House is a great base to explore Hastings or Battle, Canterbury and Dover, Tunbridge Wells and Eastbourne. There are three steam railways with half an hours drive, several major gardens such as Sissinghurst, Great Dixter and Sctoney Castle
Know Before You Go: This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining). Fees: The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out. Pet fee: GBP 7.5 Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.