Strand House is a boutique hotel in a 700 year old historic Tudor house close to the sea. We provide a calm,, restful retreat from the stresses of modern living. We offer comfortable, elegant rooms and personal service in a historic area and with a love of food and cooking. Mary and Hugh have created the feel of a small intimate country house hotel. Our guests can stay in 10 historic rooms and 3 modern rooms in a garden cottage and each room has its own individual character.
Guests staying at Strand House enjoy the following:
* Relaxed and peaceful environment
* Tudor House with historic features that used to be the town's work-house
* 13 unique bedrooms each with its own ensuite bathroom (1 room has a private bathroom with a bath). Each room has a television, radio, often DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities and our Superior rooms have bathrobes and slippers.
* Free Wifi for guests in the public rooms and most of the bedrooms (medieval houses with their thick stone walls were not designed for WiFi)
* Dining room and two lounges available for guests to use
* Honesty bar serves a range of soft drinks, local beers, spirits and a full wine list including champagne
* Each booking includes a full cooked breakfast made with local ingredients and we have a range of lighter options available such as salmon and scrambled eggs, pancakes or a continental style breakfast with freshly cooked croissants
* We can provide afternoon tea to order as well as packed lunches and light snacks if pre-ordered
* We serve dinner on most Fridays and Satrudays with locally sources ingredients, fish from the local harbour and meat from the organic farm next door
* The house is surrounded by a woodland garden and has stunning views over the marshes in the direction of the sea
* Walking distance of the conserved medieval town of Winchelsea and 3 km from the historic town of Rye
* Walking distance of sea and the Rye Harbour Nature Reserve - great for birdwatchers
* We can advise you on a range of sights and activities in the local area and can arrange horse riding, sailing, golf and other activities if booked before your arrival
Strand House is a great base to explore Hastings or Battle, Canterbury and Dover, Tunbridge Wells and Eastbourne. There are three steam railways with half an hours drive, several major gardens such as Sissinghurst, Great Dixter and Sctoney Castle
Informazioni preliminari alla partenza: La struttura accetta animali domestici solo in camere specifiche. Il servizio è a pagamento (le tariffe sono indicate nella sezione apposita). Per richiedere una di queste camere, gli ospiti devono mettersi in contatto direttamente con la struttura utilizzando i recapiti presenti nella conferma della prenotazione. I pasti previsti vengono serviti esclusivamente in camera (non sono disponibili menù né sale comuni). Tariffe: I costi e i depositi a seguire vengono addebitati dalla struttura al momento dell’erogazione del servizio, all'arrivo e alla partenza. Supplemento per animali domestici: GBP 7.5 A pagamento possono essere richiesti letti aggiuntivi È possibile che questo elenco non sia completo. Tariffe e depositi potrebbero non includere le tasse e sono soggetti a modifiche.