Hotel built in 1903, Last complete renovation 1995, Last partial renovation 2008, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 41, Number of single rooms 14, Number of double rooms 24, of which have 2 separate beds 10, of which have a double bed 14, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 1, Number of rooms with air conditioning 6, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 07:30, to 21:30, Reception manned from 06:30, to 22:30, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Number of business rooms 6, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 41, Family rooms available 3, Children's beds/cots 2
Weinbergstrasse 92, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland
- Station (Zürich - Hauptbahnhof) 0.87 km
- City centre (Zürich) 1.76 km
- Airport (Zürich Airport (ZRH)) 8.89 km
- Highway (Unterstrass) 1.0 km
The hotel Rex is located in the heart of Zurich, only a few walking minutes from the central station and the university ETH. A slip road is nearby. The airport is reachable in 15 minutes by car. Public transport is also easily and quickly accessible.
6:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:30 AM to 9:30 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 5,00 CHF
- Car park is directly by hotel
- open from 00:00.00 until 00:00.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 CHF
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Swisscom
- Door with spy-hole in 41 rooms
- Door with security lock in 41 rooms
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 CHF Provider Swisscom
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Fridge in 41 rooms
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 41 rooms
- Temperature controls in 6 rooms
- Centrally controlled ventilation
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Water boiler in room
- Free tea supplies in room
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 10,00 CHF
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10,00 CHF
- Hotel safe
- Meets ISO 14001 environmental management standard
- Gift vouchers available for alle Hotel-Leistungen
- Free daily newspapers
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 30,00 CHF
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Welcome drink
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
- Room service from 07:30.00 until 10:00.00
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Sorell Hotel Rex
Very clean room, well situated in the city, good wifi, super friendly staff, breakfast was more than sufficient for me- not a ton of variety, but a good number of healthy options.
Could have used more English television options. Also the work desk could have had an international multi-adpater plug for the electrical socket, in line with international hotels elsewhere in the world.
Clean room Nice staff Decent breakfast
noise (wood roof and a lot of noise coming from the upper room)
The room was spacious and very clean. The staff members at the desk and during breakfast were friendly, welcoming, and efficient.
Staff was very kind and helpful. The guy at the reception sugested some good attraction sites. Breakfast was very good. I recived adapter which was very helpful. The hotel was very clean and looks renewed. I very much enjoyedstaying there.
No omelet/scrambled eggs for breakfast. No desk service after 9:00. I thought I lost my room key card and there was no-one to talk with.
Very nice and clean room, everything else was also very good.
Friendly and helpfull staff. Spaceous and clean rooms. Not too far away from the city center. Tram stop near by (hotel sells day tickets).
The restaurant only serves breakfast & lunch; NOT dinner. Bed very soft.
A modest hotel that offers excellent value for money. Cleanliness exemplary.
A bit of a noise from the squeaking floors; and from the tram line nearby during warm weather with open windows.
The room was surprisingly spacey, and the bathroom had a tub, a great asset when travelling with a toddler. Everything was clean and well maintained, and the room was cleaned by the staff every day. It was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was great and we were provided with a high chair for the child. The personal was very friendly and even helped us with some milk in the middle of the night.
The elevator is a bit small, so big stroller are hard to bring up to the higher floors. But the stroller can be left in the ground floor, in a secure room.
Nice breakfast, Big clean rooms, Friendly staff
Extremely helpful, pleasant staff. Location and parking were great. Breakfast was very satisfying and the room highly comfortable. Easy walk to downtown area as well.