Hotel built in 1950, Last partial renovation 2010, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 48, Number of single rooms 24, Number of double rooms 24, of which have 2 separate beds 5, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 3, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 48, Hypoallergenic rooms 12, Children's beds/cots 2, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-12-31
Limmatstr. 5, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
- Station (Zürich - Hauptbahnhof) 0.34 km
- City centre (Zürich) 1.25 km
- Airport (Zürich Airport (ZRH)) 9.43 km
- Highway 2.0 km
The hotel Walhalla is ideally situated in the centre of Zurich. The famous Bahnhofstraße and the old town with its numerous sights are quickly reachable on foot. The main station and the Landesmuseum are only 50 m and 100 m away. The airport is accessible within 10 minutes by train.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 CHF
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Garage is a 1-minute walk away
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Children's playground
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 CHF
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers
- Senior Comfort suitable communal rooms
- Seating with armrests in reception area
- Interior lighting in public areas with motion sensors
- Within walking distance of public transport max. 500m
- Background music not louder than 40 db
- Car parking is near the entrance, min. 350 cm wide and on firm ground.
- Senior Comfort suitable food service
- Various main meals available for half or full board
- All meals also available as small portions (reduced price)
- Easy-to-read menu (font at least Arial 12)
- Table service
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 CHF
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 1
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DVD player
- TV with international news channel
- Senior Comfort suitable room incl. bath
- Separate reading light for bed
- Separate luggage storage space
- Separate coat rack
- Spacious wardrobe (linen shelf, hanging options)
- Bed at least 50 cm high
- Hooks for bath robes in bathroom
- Complimentary slippers provided in room
- Chinese TV channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 20,00 CHF
- Pets permitted Fee per day 20,00 CHF
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Vending machine for beverages
- Ice machine
- DVD/video rental
- Classic concierge service
- Porter service Cost per item 10 CHF
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Food vouchers In the amount of 15,0 %
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Storeroom for skiing equipment
- Store/mini supermarket
- Babysitter Hourly rate 65 CHF
- Limousine service
- Chemist and doctor can be contacted via reception
- Various daily newspapers available
- Excursion offers, e.g. for day trips or other excursions which can be run either unescorted or for groups
- Information material about the hotel, region and local events
- Local map and destination/city information in Mandarin
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
- Mandarin log-in instructions for internet
Evaluations of Walhalla
Personnel was really friendly, breakfast buffet was ok .
Mattress too hard, lots of noise coming from the halls into the room, floor squeaks continuously while walking over it, automatic fan in the bathroom taking ages to stop after using only the toilet. Room was hot, only way to cool down was opening a window which resulted in lots of noise, even while the room was on the back.
Ideal location for spending a night before flying out of Zurich airport the next morning. The hotel is right next to the main train station.
The elevator is really small, slow and old, and during my travel it went out of service, meaning I and all other guests in the hotel had to carry their own large suitcases 5 flights of stairs down. Too expensive for what it offers.
It is very close to the main train station in Zurich, which makes it a very good location. The centre od the city is near, too. The staff is friendly, and the size of the rooms is quite decent.
The elevator was not working the day I checked-out, and there was no help offered for the suitcase. I was on the 5th floor, with a large suitcase, so coming to the ground floor was very difficult. The carpet seemed a bit dirty.
The new rooms have fantastic showers and are spotless. The staff has always been very friendly and efficient. It's not a hotel to spend a whole day in but it's incredibly well located and has everything you need except for a gym.
The location is by far a great asset.
Great location, good rooms and an extensive breakfast!
Within 100 meters of Zurich Station. Excellent breakfast, good value
Regardless of the (to early) time of arrival, a room was made available to store luggage while we wanted to explore the city. The clerk provided all you needed and more to even though we were almost a day ahead of the chick-in time.
Good service, excellent location, and good breakfast buffet every morning.
There's not gym or wellness center available. Please disregard evaluation above on this point.
Direkt am Hauptbahnhof.
Zur Straße hin etwas laut.