Style of hotel and ambience
The holiday hotel Occidental Atenea Mar Adults Only in Barcelona offers comfortable rooms and suites. In the hotel's restaurant, Mediterranean specialities are served. The wellness area includes two saunas and an exclusive fitness centre. Furthermore, meeting rooms are available. Terrace overlooking the sea, infinity pool view of 48m2 with beds and seats tub, solarium 100m2 with Balinese beds , hammocks and beanbags for hire. In addition, the terrace will have a snack bar open from June to September ( weather depending).
Special features of the hotel
All Superior Rooms have Ocean View. Breakfast buffet available in the hotel on request. City tax: 1,25 euros/person/day not included. From 5 or more rooms, it can be considered a group and the hotel can get in touch with the customer to pass special prepayment and cancellation conditions. Inform the Barceló Atenea Mar, from 01/07/2016, becomes an ADULTS ONLY hotel.
Hotel built in 2003, Last complete renovation 2003, Total number of rooms 191, Number of single rooms 32, Number of double rooms 187, of which have 2 separate beds 113, of which have a double bed 42, Rooms with connecting door 48, Number of suites (separate rooms) 4, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, Beach hotel, Family hotel, Women's hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 26, Children's beds/cots 3
Paseo García Faria, 37-47, 08019 Barcelona, Spain
- Station (Barcelona - França Railway Station) 2.93 km
- City centre (Barcelona) 3.81 km
- Airport (Barcelona International Airport (BCN)) 16.1 km
- Highway 0.0 km
The hotel Occidental Atenea Mar Adults Only is located directly at the beach of Barcelona and offers a great view of Mediterranean Sea. A large shopping centre and the Olimpic Harbour are 5 minutes away. The city centre with the famous Sagrada Familia and the shopping area Las Ramblas is easily accessible from the hotel Occidental Atenea Mar Adults Only thanks to good public transport connections.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 13,91 EUR
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Marked disabled parking space
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 13:30.00 until 15:30.00 and from 20:30 until 23:30.00
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Sauna Fee 0 EUR
- Turkish bath Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hallways
- Security guards
- Mobile phone reception
- Door with spy-hole in 191 rooms
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in guest rooms
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in hallways
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in public areas
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 4
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone in the bathroom
- Room safe
- Fridge in 191 rooms
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Temperature controls in 191 rooms
- Centrally controlled ventilation
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 191 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Ice machine
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Free daily newspapers
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
- Limousine service
Evaluations of Occidental Atenea Mar Adults Only
Nice location, friendly stuff (although difficulty in communication in english)
Very expensive rate (almost double price through bayer-hotels from price found other internet sites) in the range of 5 star hotel although the hotel is a 4 star one. Also in the price 270 Euros per night there was no breakfast included and had to purchase extra coupons.
Beds are very comfortable. Room design very nice and bathrooms are really convenient (e.g. standard shower available instead these awful rainmaker in the other hotels). Also location close to the beach is a big advantage. Overall really good hotel for the price.
Selection of breakfast dishes was very limited, e.g. no hot dishes at all (available only on order). Maybe it was a matter of the period (off-season and less tourists). Also ventilation in the room was a bit noisy (even with air-condition switched off).
Location close to the sea and bus to go to city center.
Smell in the room, need to open the windows much often or have a better ventilation system.
very nice place, near the sea, in silent part of Barcelona
no kettler in the room!personel doesn't speak english
It is realy 4 stars hotel, very close to beach. Rooms are clean and maintains every day.
Rather far from metro station, 15 minutes walk. There are not many places arround the hotel where you can go in the evening for dinner.
Location is the highlight of this hotel.... a direct view of the beautiful sea from the window of the room in which we were accomodated was the ultimatum of the holiday... a beautiful wake up call by the sunrise and a soothing reflection of the moon on the full moon night was a total relaxation from one´s monotonous mechanical life. The people at the reception are very cooperartive.
The menu and its cost are not at a balanced form... not worthy with respect to the food part alone..
Hotel accept my booking via www.hotel.de
1. Hotel did not inform that I have to pay for parking fee. 2. I doubted room charged via WWW.hotel.de but I did not get any inform during checking In until I check I got info that I have to pay to the hotel directly instead of paid via www.hotel.de. 3. Air con did not work properly. 4. Staff are not friendly
THE HOTEL WAS LOCATED IN AN EXCELLENT AREA, CLOSE TO THE BEACH AND THR ROOMS WERE VERY CLEAN AND WELL MAINTAINED. THE STAFF WERE WERE HELPFUL.
CLEANERS REMOVE STUFF FROM THE BATHROOMS AND REFRIGERATOR, WRONGFULLY THINKING THAT THEY WERE DISCARDS.
Clean and modern hotel at the beach. Free internet access at the lobby.
Breakfast not included to the price.