Naples In general
Naples’s gigantic historic centre has been awarded UNESCO Heritage site status and is very much known for its 448 churches, the highest number in the world for a city. Book a hotel today and find out the many attractions that can be found within the city and just two hours from the city including Mount Vesuvius.
Monuments and attractions
- Castel dell’Ovo at Porto Santa Lucia – housing the Museum of Prehistory, The Egg Castle looks over Naple’s most popular port on a peninsula affording fantastic scenic views.
- Museo Archeologico Nazionale – the biggest roman museum in the world including artefacts from Pompeii.
- Certosa di San Martino – this Carthusian Monastery can be found on top of a hill near the city centre and also houses the Museum of City History
- Teatro San Carolo – Naples’ opera house
- Museo Nazionale di Capodimonte – Napolitan National Gallery with mostly Renaissance and Baroque paintings
- Sightsee the remains of the city of Pompeii via train
- Hike to the summit of Mount Vesuvius, the only active volcano on mainland Europe
Eating and drinking
You cannot go far without trying Naple’s original dish – pizza! Pizzas are made freshly with locally sourced ingredients on thick dough bread. You will easily find an authentic pizzeria that is not full of tourists.
Neapolitan cuisine is also famous for its seafood thanks to its port. Cover the seafood with many concoctions including hot pepper sauce.
Naples likes their sweets and pastries as you will find in their many pasticcerias.
With a young vibe in the Naple’s nightlife, you will find the city hippy, happening and busy.
- Piazza Bellini – hippy scene
- Piazza dei Martiri – many wine bars and lots of young people
- Lungomare of Pozzuoli – boardwalk that contains lots of bars and clubs on the outskirts of the city.