Style of hotel and ambience
Housed in a listed building, the hotel Ellington in Berlin provides modern rooms that reflect the hotel’s elegant atmosphere. In the restaurant, guests are spoiled with culinary delights inspired by the Mediterranean and Asian cuisine. Moreover, the hotel offers a modern fitness room and well-equipped conference rooms.
Special features of the hotel
++Attention: important information: The city of Berlin charges an overnight stay tax of 5% on the room accommodation rate from 01.01.2014. This tax is already included in all HRS rates. Business travelers are exempted from this tax and pay the tax free rate when showing an adequate verification (e.g. employer certificate). Excluded are contracted corporate net rates.++ ++Late checkout possible with departures on Sundays.++
Hotel built in 1928, Last complete renovation 2007, Last partial renovation 2014, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 285, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 285, of which have a double bed 285, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 64, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 2, Number of suites (separate rooms) 1, Number of rooms with air conditioning 285, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Art/design hotel, Boutique hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Certified Design Hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 392558, No-smoking room 285, Family rooms available 2, Children's beds/cots 10, Air Plus Meeting Card, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-03-31
Nürnberger Str. 50-55, 10789 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 3.28 km
- City centre (Berlin) 3.06 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 7.26 km
- Highway (A100 - Stadtring Berlin - Wexstrasse) 2.64 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 2 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 20,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Parking with charging facility for electric cars
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 11:30.00 until 23:00.00 Closed sunday
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 5 rooms
- Temperature controls in 285 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 285 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 5,00 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 5,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Porter service
- Free daily newspapers
- Shuttle service to the central station Fee 15,00 EUR
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 20,00 EUR
- Shuttle service to the trade fair Fee 15,00 EUR
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 06:30.00 until 00:00.00
- Adaptor for Chinese/US plugs
Evaluations of Ellington
the Position of the hotel
the room. I got a room for disabled people. the bathroom was not ok at all for my needs.
The location is perfect! Staff is very friendly.
Toilet could have been cleaner when moving in. Prices in the bar are pretty high.
Very nice room with many updates. Entire Hotel was very modern and updated. Centrally located Close to many restaraunts.
Location: Ideally located next to the Kuh'damm, Bikini Berlin etc.
It's an ancient fabric - and that's how it feels like when you go down the ways to the rooms.
size of room
absence of noise in the room.
- absence of safe in the room. It was recommended to leave my valuables in storage room - but it has no safe as well - my docs were stored as luggage in common space. - poor set of consumables for bathroom.
No curtains! Small room size
Bed and room was very comfortable, and the shower very good. Hotel generally was very clean, and when I ate at the restaurent it was very good. Did not use the sports facilities so cannot comment on them. Also very close to Ku-damm, which is great for doing anything outside the hotel.
The location is good, the atmosphere as well and the patio is very nice (if the whether is as good as it was in August)
extra costs for internet access
The staff is trained to handle a business traveller is the right way. The catering for a Hotel is real on a restaurant level.