Hotel built in 1974, Last complete renovation 2006, Last partial renovation 2008, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 136, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 101, of which have 2 separate beds 0, of which have a double bed 101, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 0, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 0, Rooms with connecting door 30, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 35, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 63, Hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Sport/leisure hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Certified Golf Hotel, No-smoking room 0, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 4
Bar Hill, CB23 8EU Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Station (Cambridge Train Station) 14.6 km
- City centre (Cambridge) 9.24 km
- Airport (London Stansted Airport (STN)) 43.54 km
Set in the countryside surrounding Cambridge, the Menzies Cambridge Hotel & Golf Club in Bar Hill is less than 15 kilometres from the city centre of the town itself. The adjoining golf course offers ample opportunity for golfing and the countryside is well-known for its hiking and biking options. Bars, restaurants and shops are found in Cambridge itself.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 GBP
- Marked disabled parking space
- Executive/business floor
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Children's playground
- Indoor pool
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Fitness centre
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 GBP Provider BT
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- TV remote control
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 136 rooms
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Individually controlled ventilation in 63 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Business center
- Secretarial services
- Laundry service
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Hallmark Hotel
Did not get to stay here. We went to check in and was told it was double booked. They had booked us a room in the holiday Inn. Not what we wanted .Very disappointed.
Polite staff clean room and good food
Offer price was value for money. Very good golf course on site.
Bathroom fixtures looking dated. If there was air con in our wing, it wasn't at all effective.
The staff made the hotel
it could do with a face lift and sell bottles of water for rooms
The hotel was easy to find. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were really nice. Beds were comfy. Food was good.
I would like a safe in the room to put valuables in.
Cleanliness, staff attitude, location & facilities. Oh yes and cost.
Nothing, totally satisfied.
The staff were charming an effecient.
The hotel is very dated, tired looking and in desperate need of refurbishment. The entrance is particularly worn and unwelcoming. The rooms are in need of redecoration, especially the bathrooms. Cleaning staff need to check walls and doors for stains and splashes.
Enjoyed our stay for the night, room and spa facilities was more then we expected for the price, breakfast was lovely, room was quiet, however could do with a lick of paint here and there, overall very happy.
Room service charge over looked as I was on crutches. Lovely place though just wish I'd had the energy to try out the pool
Wanted to go to the bar but lift out of order and in crutches. Alot of dust around the brasserie partition and cobwebs in the room.
The hotel rooms are in desperate need of an update. The hotel is unfortunately dated now although still very clean.