Hotel built in 1508, Last complete renovation 1983, Last partial renovation 2008, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 34, Number of single rooms 14, Number of double rooms 16, of which have 2 separate beds 10, of which have a double bed 6, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 06:00, to 23:00, Reception manned from 06:00, to 00:00, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Number of luxury rooms 1, Number of business rooms 0, Hotel, City hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Hiking hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 34, Family rooms available 3, Children's beds/cots 1, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-08-01
Rathausgasse 72, 3011 Berne, Switzerland
- Station (Bern - Bahnhof) 0.87 km
- City centre (Bern) 0.07 km
- Airport (Bern Belp Airport (BRN)) 5.31 km
- Highway (Wankdorf) 2.0 km
6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is a 5-minute walk away
- Security patrolled car park
- Garage is a 5-minute walk away
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 00:00.00 Closed sunday
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 CHF
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Swisscom
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 CHF Provider Swisscom
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 1
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Water boiler in room
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 15 CHF
- Pets permitted Fee per day 15 CHF
- Hotel safe
- Ice machine
- Gift vouchers available for Hotel und Restaurant
- Express check-out
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Bike rental
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 3 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
Evaluations of Hotel Goldener Schlüssel
excellent location, great staff and breakfast
room was a bit small
right in the heart of Bern
in the summer dozens of people are sitting outside which makes it very noisy in the rooms till late night. In the early morning it was also noisy. very small built-in bath rooms
Room was very small. Window needs to be open since it is getting too hot at night but noise levyof street was fairly high.
The receptionist was very friendly, She helped us out in the local language, told us something about the city and made a reservation for a different restaurant. The breakfast was also very good. Everything you need was there. Good dark bread. Yoghurt. Eggs. Additionaly it would be nice to have some warm food. Location is good
-I could hear my neighbour snore. -The room was at the top floor and had a sloping roof so i hit my head a couple of times -Too expensive (according to european standards) for what you got.
Good rate for hotel in center of Basel.
Tiny room. Bathroom/toilett in the room. If you are sensitive to noise...there are lots of restaurants and bars around the hotel.
Location is great, close to the center of town. Very clean and owner/manager very friendly.
The beds had thin mattresses.
Hotel bien situé en pleine ancienne ville.
Pas de chaînes francophones (excepté RTS 1 et 2 ou anglophones) malgré l'annonce faite sur la fiche d'emploi !
- The hotel is located in the touristic old center of Bern - Personnel was helpful and friendly - The room was very clean - The bed was good - The facilities functioned well - The breakfast was ok
- I had a single room. It was indeed quite compact with not much space although ok for my situation since I was only staying there during the night.
direcly in the center of Bern, very attractive environment around the Hotel.
We found the Goldener Schlussel to be a very friendly, comfortable hotel beautifully situated in the old town. While breakfast was okay the dinner menu was excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful.