Style of hotel and ambience
The “Expo Hotel Barcelona” hotel thoroughly embodies the chicness and suaveness of this city. Its bar, lobby and restaurant have an extremely trendy modernistic style to them which is highly aesthetically appealing. And of course after a long day, what could be better than cooling off in the rooftop pool watching the cultural metropolis beneath you.
Special features of the hotel
Expo Hotel Barcelona offers free WiFi throughout the hotel. If you want to pause, we suggest a break in the Stop'n'Bite bar, the place to enjoy Mediterranean cuisine. During the summer, you can cool off in the pool on the terrace (May to September) and finish the day with a tasty gourmet burger at La Terraza BCN Urban Club (May-mid October), a modern and casual atmosphere with stunning views of Montjuïc . To organize a meeting or an event in the city, Expo Hotel Barcelona offers 9 meeting rooms with natural daylight with possibility to shape its large capacity, allowing you to design a custom made event that fulfill your expectations and your guests. Business Registry: Sheet - 31616, Page - 94, volumen - 2987, book - 2358
Hotel built in 1977, Last partial renovation 2006, Number of floors 9, Total number of rooms 423, Number of single rooms 26, Number of double rooms 397, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 100, Number of rooms with air conditioning 423, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Number of business rooms 210, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 423
Calle MALLORCA 1-23, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Station (Barcelona - Sants Railway Station) 0.19 km
- City centre (Barcelona) 3.0 km
- Airport (Barcelona International Airport (BCN)) 10.63 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 24,20 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Security patrolled car park
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 13:30.00 until 15:30.00 and from 20:30 until 23:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool open from 10:00.00 until 20:00.00 closed from 2016-09-30 to 2017-04-30
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 11:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Temperature controls in 423 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Business center
- Laundry service
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Expo Hotel Barcelona
most of the rest
WiFi coverage is good.
If you are looking for hospitality and a good nights sleep, avoid this hotel. Due to both, its concrete architecture and its location at major roads it is very noisy day and night. Every step your neighbours walk is transported through the walls and I could easily follow the conversations of the people in the next room. Two four lane roads are passing the building and their noise prevented me from opening the balcony door. Even with the doors closed I learned more about the schedule of Barcelona busses than I wanted to. With the balcony door closed due to noise the restaurants smell outside was not such a big problem. The people working here are interesting. Reception staff is not very helpful. They seemed reluctant to care about the customer, even though I was the only one around. Worst is the breakfast Stasi, a lady lurking behind a desk in the breakfast room, waiting for you to pass and then yelling behind you “Sorry Sir, sorry” so that you have to return to tell her your room number. Friendly service looks different to me and since Honekers and Francos time such attitude should have been extinct. But there are sunny sides as well. The cleaners I have met where all friendly and really nice. So, poor sleep, bad staff. What about breakfast then? The best about the breakfast are the Korean hotel guests. They are lovely, curious and friendly. The food was the same for 4 days, for Spain a pretty good breakfast, the coffee is good. The location is too far to walk into the city centre. So next time I either take a hotel in the heart of the city or outside at the beach.
Very good Location (Close to the Train Station), even some Restaurants for a quick dinner are available. Bar is OK, rooms are large, clean, quiet. Just can recommend it for a Business stay!
The ´´Hotel´´ parfume in the Lobby an in front of the Hotel is slightly too intensive. But luckily not in the room!
Breakfast was definitely big Advantage and possibility of leaving the luggage in safe place after check out.
Staff was very friendly and helpful
Forniture is quite old, room is noisy. Not so much for a 4 star. Shower had problems.
Behaivor of the hotel staff is very nice, polite.
Room is quite big but shape of the room is not convenient. There is no electric plug close to the bed.
- location is excellent: near a major train station, near a bus station from the airport... nice area - staff: very competent and polite - breakfast: wide variety of hot and cold food
- great location near Plaça Espanya (5 min walk, 1 station on L3) - hotel interior is just improved (at least on floors)
- room walls are pretty thin, noises of rooms on the same floor and the floor above/below could be quite loud due to the flooring material
Very well located (near the main railway station)
Bad sound isolation ..
close to rail station
I booked on line, two weeks in advance, when I went to check in, was told I could not get a room, after I complained was then given a room, but not a double, only 2 single beds, not good after booking online