Style of hotel and ambience
The “Expo Hotel Barcelona” hotel thoroughly embodies the chicness and suaveness of this city. Its bar, lobby and restaurant have an extremely trendy modernistic style to them which is highly aesthetically appealing. And of course after a long day, what could be better than cooling off in the rooftop pool watching the cultural metropolis beneath you.
Special features of the hotel
Expo Hotel Barcelona offers free WiFi throughout the hotel. If you want to pause, we suggest a break in the Stop'n'Bite bar, the place to enjoy Mediterranean cuisine. During the summer, you can cool off in the pool on the terrace (May to September) and finish the day with a tasty gourmet burger at La Terraza BCN Urban Club (May-mid October), a modern and casual atmosphere with stunning views of Montjuïc . To organize a meeting or an event in the city, Expo Hotel Barcelona offers 9 meeting rooms with natural daylight with possibility to shape its large capacity, allowing you to design a custom made event that fulfill your expectations and your guests. Business Registry: Sheet - 31616, Page - 94, volumen - 2987, book - 2358
Hotel built in 1977, Last partial renovation 2006, Number of floors 9, Total number of rooms 423, Number of single rooms 26, Number of double rooms 397, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 100, Number of rooms with air conditioning 423, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Number of business rooms 210, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 423
Calle MALLORCA 1-23, 08014 Barcelona, Spain
- Station (Barcelona - Sants Railway Station) 0.19 km
- City centre (Barcelona) 3.0 km
- Airport (Barcelona International Airport (BCN)) 10.63 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 24,20 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Security patrolled car park
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 13:30.00 until 15:30.00 and from 20:30 until 23:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool open from 10:00.00 until 20:00.00 closed from 2016-09-30 to 2017-04-30
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 11:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Temperature controls in 423 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Business center
- Laundry service
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Expo Hotel Barcelona
Very good Location (Close to the Train Station), even some Restaurants for a quick dinner are available. Bar is OK, rooms are large, clean, quiet. Just can recommend it for a Business stay!
The ´´Hotel´´ parfume in the Lobby an in front of the Hotel is slightly too intensive. But luckily not in the room!
Breakfast was definitely big Advantage and possibility of leaving the luggage in safe place after check out.
Staff was very friendly and helpful
Forniture is quite old, room is noisy. Not so much for a 4 star. Shower had problems.
Behaivor of the hotel staff is very nice, polite.
Room is quite big but shape of the room is not convenient. There is no electric plug close to the bed.
- location is excellent: near a major train station, near a bus station from the airport... nice area - staff: very competent and polite - breakfast: wide variety of hot and cold food
- great location near Plaça Espanya (5 min walk, 1 station on L3) - hotel interior is just improved (at least on floors)
- room walls are pretty thin, noises of rooms on the same floor and the floor above/below could be quite loud due to the flooring material
Very well located (near the main railway station)
Bad sound isolation ..
close to rail station
I booked on line, two weeks in advance, when I went to check in, was told I could not get a room, after I complained was then given a room, but not a double, only 2 single beds, not good after booking online
Very friendly staff and good breakfast selection. Close to the main train station.
Our hotel reservation through hotel.info was not in their system, but luckily they had room for us. The breakfast was expensive, but good.
Staff friendly. Room and linen clean. Location close to Plaça d'España and Font Magica in Montjuïc park and not excessively distant from city centre and central tourist attractions.
Room very small and layout awkward (such that handling a small mobility scooter was difficult, a normal wheelchair would have been even more difficult). Soundproofing nonexistent - noise from room above, from corridor, from corridor above, from adjacent rooms all very loud and clear. But no problem with traffic noise (external soundproofing is better than internal). Some things mentioned in the room description at the hotel.info site (safe in room, internet access) were not included in the quoted room rate. Extra charges to use the in-room safe are surprising in what claims to be a four star hotel. Extra charges for internet is something that might have been expected a decade ago, but are not expected today. No diabled access to swimming pool, access is by staircases with far too many steps (something over 40 steps). No smoking rooms, all rooms, according to information from reception desk, are non-smoking. Very high laundry charges (too high - so did not use // cheaper to discard clothes and buy new in local shops!).