Style of hotel and ambience
Besides its great location, the Hôtel de la Porte Dorée scores highly on unmitigated stylish elegance. The guest rooms are a vision in white and decorated with artistic stucco elements. Matching decorations, such as antique paintings, underpin the romantic charm. Feast every morning on fresh delicacies in the breakfast room - the perfect start to your day.
Special features of the hotel
City Tax : 1.65€ / person / day
Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 43, Number of single rooms 21, Number of double rooms 22, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, Rooms with connecting door 2, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, No-smoking room 43
Avenue Daumesnil 273, 75012 Paris, France
- Station (Paris - Gare de Lyon) 2.52 km
- City centre (Paris) 4.62 km
- Airport (Paris-Orly Airport (ORY)) 12.76 km
- Highway (A3) 10.0 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Fire alarm
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR Fee per day 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Cost per day 0 EUR
- Satellite TV
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Plan of emergency exits
- DVD player
- Pets permitted
- Hotel safe
- Ice machine
- Air conditioning in public areas
- DVD/video rental
- Classic concierge service
Evaluations of De la Porte Doree
All was OK except noise.
Hotel too close to an elevated railroad. You ear each of them.
Loud rumbling noise caused by the Metro running right under the hotel every five minutes from the early morning until late in the night. Heating in the bathroom didn't work. French hotel staff refused to give information about restaurants that don't serve french food. Some of the staff didn't speak english and therefore couldn't help with even simple questions/requests.
The hotel is charming and in a convenient location. The staff was mostly pleasant, had good restaurant recommendations, but was rigid when confronted with a problem. The double rooms (which I saw) are much better than the singles (which I stayed in).
My room was clean and quiet, but had a very small bathroom. The shower stall was tiny. The shower had a sliding door (Schiebetur) which was so narrow that I could not enter it. (The double rooms have baths). The staff promised to take it away, but didn't. There would not be this problem if they had a simple shower curtain (Vorhang)! When I asked them for a larger room, they said they would charge me full price, 95 euros, against the 55 I was paying. They did not really try to help me. I would recommend this hotel to couples, but not to single travelers!
Very good hotel in terms of location and staff very helpful.
For some the lack of a lift/elevator. Not a huge range of restaurants within walking distance.