Style of hotel and ambience
A warm welcome to a sophisticated ambience awaits business and leisure travellers in the Carbon hotel in Genk, where elegantly furnished rooms in sleek contemporary design provide all desirable comforts, including free Wi-Fi. Treat yourself to scrumptious delights in the Gusto restaurant and invigorate your senses in the wellness area of the Carbon hotel.
Special features of the hotel
Also enjoy the innovative restaurant Carbon Gusto, with exclusive wine- and champagnebar. Relax at the spa lounge with sauna's, experience showers, authentic hammam and different treatments.***Tourist tax including service charge is €4,50 per person and per night is not included in the price.*** Carbon hotel is a member of Different Hotels. This hotel group won the award for the best hotels (chain) at the Horeca Awards 2008.*** Carbon also won the award for 'Best Interior Design: restaurant' at the European Design Awards in Londen. The hotel is recommend by Forbes Traveler in the top 50 of best new hotels of the world!*** In the German travel magazine 'Geo', Carbon is in the top 3 of the best new hotels in Europe and in the UK is Carbon standing in de Hotlist 2009 of Condenast.*** breakfast isn't included in the room rate.*** Carbon gusto (restaurant) is closed on Saturdays between 12.00 hrs and17.00 hrs. Spa und Beauty Center friday 10 am until 10 pm, saturday 10 ambis 8 pm, sunday 10 am until 6 pm.
Hotel built in 2008, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 60, Number of double rooms 60, of which have 2 separate beds 16, of which have a double bed 44, Number of rooms with air conditioning 60, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, Art/design hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Health and beauty hotel, Certified Design Hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 60, Children's beds/cots 1, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 42 rooms
Europalaan 38, 3600 Genk, Belgium
- Station 0.0 km
- City centre (Genk) 0.34 km
- Airport (Maastricht Aachen Airport (MST)) 20.06 km
- Highway (Genk) 1.0 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 12 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 12,00 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 12:00.00 until 14:30.00 and from 18:00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Roof garden
- Health and beauty center Closed wednesday open from 10:00.00 until 19:00.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Room safe
- Ironing machine for pants in 60 rooms
- Temperature controls in 60 rooms
- Individually controlled ventilation in 60 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Changing mat for babies
- Baby monitor available
- Laundry service
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Carbon
Rooms are looking good, but some materials were used which are not completely designed for hotel usage.
Price of the rooms is rather expensive. Price for breakfast is overrated.
perfect room design, good bed, nice overall ambiance, good restaurant
long waiting time at reception both with check/in and check/out it was not clear how to switch off the beautiful ambient light
Nice, big rooms in a nice hotel. Very central.
TV was not working probably! A doors was not well adjusted.
Breakfast is not worth the money.
no sports. Wellness only for additional charge
In this house, it as all about design, the rooms are totally unpractical and uncomfortable, the architect knows nothing about hotelrooms and has clearly never tried one himself. Even the reception desk is unpractical. Very dissapointing for a new 4 star-hotel. The picture shows a garden terrace on the second floor to which we had no access - private party.