Style of hotel and ambience
Enjoy a productive and relaxing stay at the modern Wyndham Berlin Excelsior Hotel. After an eventful day, while the evening away with tasty cocktails and dishes in the FRANKE Brasserie or spend time in front of the fireplace in the cosy Lobby Living Room.
Special features of the hotel
The hotel provides 316 rooms - divided into the standard and the renovated Superior Rooms and Deluxe Rooms. We provide sufficient parking spaces in our parking lot and underground parking. +Attention: The city of Berlin charges an overnight stay tax of 5% from 01.01.2014, which is included in all HRS rates. Business travelers are exempted. Excluded are contracted corporate net rates. +
Hotel built in 1979, Last complete renovation 1997, Last partial renovation 2010, Number of floors 8, Total number of rooms 316, Number of single rooms 5, Number of double rooms 311, of which have 2 separate beds 38, of which have a double bed 273, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 6, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 0, Rooms with connecting door 21, Number of suites (separate rooms) 1, Number of junior suites 2, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 316, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 120, Number of business rooms 22, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, VDR certified business hotel, No-smoking room 220, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 21, Children's beds/cots 5, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 14 rooms, Air Plus Meeting Card
Hardenbergstr. 14, 10623 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 3.4 km
- City centre (Berlin) 3.5 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 6.34 km
- Highway (A104 - Abzweig Steglitz - Konstanzer Straße) 2.64 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 19 EUR Hourly rate 2,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 0-minute walk away
- Marked disabled parking space
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 19 EUR
- Garage is a 0-minute walk away
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 10:30.00 and from 17:00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator my cloud
- Vegetarian food available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Provider The Cloud
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 0
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 316 rooms
- Temperature controls in 316 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 316 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Vending machine for beverages
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 06:30.00 until 23:00.00
Evaluations of Wyndham Excelsior
old fashion room, needs some work My door doesn't close, in the night it suddendly opened! I hope it would be repaired
Staff friendly and helpful. Location only 5mins from S-Bahn.
The Breakfast is €18 and not worth €5. Hotel is overpriced, but that may be just a feature of being in Berlin.
I love the location of this hotel. It is central to public transportation if you require it. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are plenty of good restaurants in and around the hotel and close proximity to a grocery store.
The decor of this hotel is dated and needs to be updated. The staff are trying very hard to clean but it is difficult when carpets in the rooms and common areas need to be replaced. Hardenbergstrasse has construction and the noise level starts to rise early in the morning. This is not the fault of the hotel and traffic patterns will return to normal when this is complete.
There were options to communicate with the staff if you wanted your sheet changed and various other convenience options, too via information cards available. The whole thing seemed well organized.
Very small Room
Location and price for New Years Day was amazing. Highly recommend for short stays. The breakfast and service providers were fantastic. 4+ stars for all. parking was very convenient although a bit pricey. Bed was comfortable and clean.
Bathroom was not 4 star quality due to smell and old sink and toilet. The shears need replaced due to holes. Walls were thin // could hear TV clearly from other room.
Description states Free Wifi. The Free wifi was limited to 30 mins per day of extremely slow access. Access to Bayer site requires changing S/U bahn trains.
Very good quality hotel, perfect location, friendly staff, good food.
It was a surprise it was hot deal not refundable for the two other rooms where my colleagues were supposed to stay but they didn't arrive.
Schöne Lobby,kleines schön renoviertes Zimmer freundliches Personal
Papierkorb im Bad vom Vorgänger war noch voll. Aschenbescher wurde nicht ausgeleert,Trinkglas mit Resten vom Cola nicht gereinigt,Getränkeflecken auf dem Schreibtisch nicht beseitigt
Very friendly staff.