Style of hotel and ambience
The friendly and informal hotel Thielmann provides cosy and comfortable rooms, all equipped with WC, bath/shower, telephone and TV. The hotel's restaurant, called 'Walliser Stuben', offers culinary delights and wines from Switzerland. A fully furnished corporate meeting room is available for seminars and training courses.
Special features of the hotel
The hotel does not accept American Express.
Hotel built in 1964, Last complete renovation 1981, Last partial renovation 2011, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 18, Number of single rooms 11, Number of double rooms 7, of which have 2 separate beds 1, of which have a double bed 6, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 1, Hotel open all year round, Hotel closed on sunday, Reception manned at weekends from 18:00, to 22:00, Reception manned from 07:00, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Country hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Hiking hotel, No-smoking hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 17081, No-smoking room 18, Children's beds/cots 1, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-02-05
Wiesenstr. 5, 35756 Mittenaar, Germany
- Station (Herborn) 8.5 km
- City centre (Mittenaar) 0.21 km
- Airport (Frankfurt am Main International Airport (FRA)) 74.64 km
- Highway (A45 - Herborn-Süd) 5.72 km
7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 0-minute walk away
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 8 EUR
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 18:00.00 until 21:30.00 Closed friday,sunday
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Hotel Thielmann
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Analogue modem connection in 18 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- TV with international news channel
- Shuttle service to the central station Fee 0 EUR
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Parking directly by the hotel
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Thielmann
We had a very pleasant stay at Hotel Thielmann. It is a family run hotel, very friendly and great food. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and breakfast was wonderful. Anytime again!!!
Very quiet location, friendly stuff, clean room. Like it overall.
Good price range for area, overall top notch hotel
Again as normal in Germany the internet fees were very high, as a business man a internet connection is important, hotel self has internet, Why must the guest always pay so high prices for internet ?
The hotel is exactyl what is expected for some one who lives isn Germany and has visited may hotels in Germany. Dinner and breakfast were very good. I was very excited to discover that Hotel management does not allow smoking in room or public areas. Since itwas a very slmall facility, I would return to it just because management does not allow smoking indoors. That is always a plus for me.
For an American who what visited many hotels, this would be a very disappointing experience. My room was approximately 7 x 12 feet rectangle with a very tiny square bathroom attached. The bed was very small (even for one person) but is was comfortable.