Hotel built in 1400, Last complete renovation 2008, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 14, Number of single rooms 4, Number of double rooms 8, of which have 2 separate beds 7, of which have a double bed 7, Reception manned at weekends from 07:30, to 22:00, Reception manned from 07:30, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 10:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 14, Family rooms available 2
1 High Street, BA6 9DP Mendip, United Kingdom
- Station (Bristol - Temple Meads Railway Station) 34.91 km
- City centre (Glastonbury) 14.73 km
- Airport (Bristol International Airport (BRS)) 26.14 km
- Highway (M5) 24.0 km
7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 12:30.00 until 14:30.00 and from 18:00 until 20:30.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 07:30 o'clock to 09:00 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Cable TV
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of The George & Pilgrim Relaxinnz
The hotel is unique! Staff work welll in an environment that reflects or is the medieval pilgrim hostel.
Proximity to town centre and the abbey // friendly staff // useful car park at the rear of the building
Stairs up to the room could be a challenge for elderly people.
rooms are dated, though it would not work if it was modern for a spooky 1475 coaching inn,very authentic with good food, large rooms, and pleasant staff.
noisy, especially if you have a front of hotel room.
Friendly staff. Comfy bed. Nice bathroom. Ambience.
Vastly overpriced. Breakfast not well cooked Room was either too cold or too hot. Could hear everything in room next door Lack of parking. Very small TV in room.
Wendy was most helpful and friendly and is obviously working very hard in a new job.
I suspect the bedrooms have been allowed to run down a bit and only now are being got back up to scratch. I had problems with TV, hairdrier not working and toilet running, but expect they will soon be fixed.