Hotel built in 1920, Last complete renovation 1980, Number of floors 10, Total number of rooms 535, Number of suites (separate rooms) 96, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Number of luxury rooms 0, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 535
140 East Walton Place, 60611 Chicago, United States of America
- Station (Chicago - Union Railway Station) 2.71 km
- City centre (Chicago) 2.0 km
- Airport (Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)) 16.56 km
The hotel enjoys a prime location close to Chicago Harbour and in direct vicinity to Navy Pier as well as many restaurants, bars and pubs. Take the chance and immerse yourself into the exciting nightlife of the city. O’Hare International Airport is situated at a distance of 30 kilometres.
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Executive/business floor
- Restaurant(s) 3
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Security guards
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Telephone on the desk
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Windows for opening
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Secretarial services
- Laundry service
- Store/mini supermarket
Evaluations of The Drake a Hilton hotel
The location and ´´old-world-charm´´ of the hotel is very nice.
The breakfast is quite poor for the small buffet offered. The a la carte breakfast service was poor and the food not very well prepared ... difficult to do with breakfast !
Location is excellent, just beside Lakeside and Michigan Avenue.
Wanted to meet with colleague in lobby bar on Monday evening, but it was ´´Movie Night´´ so we were asked to leave and go downstairs to another bar. So unless you enjoy old movies and being ´´shushed´´ by waiters and other patrons, don't plan any meetings on Monday evenings in the Drake ! Suggestion to Hotel - move the movie night to a function room and leave the bar available for hotel patrons.
The location was wonderful! North side of the city with easy access to great shopping, food, lakeshore drive, beach, navy pier, lincoln park. Easy public transportation.
Hotel is older but nice. Room was big and had nice ammenities but because of it's age felt a little dirty. Self parking is a block up the road from the hotel and dropping off/picking up luggage is a bit of a challenge on the busy street in front of the lobby. Valet parking is about $20 more than self park.