Style of hotel and ambience
The Steigenberger Dortmund has four categories of rooms, which are equipped with modern facilities, individually controlled air conditioning, a double bed, safe, mini bar, large work desk and Wi-Fi. The hotel Steigenberger also features a fitness area with sauna and steam room.
Special features of the hotel
++++Attention: The city of Dortmund charges an overnight stay tax of 7,5% on the room accommodation rate from 01.11.2014, which needs to be paid by the guests. This tax is NOT INLCUDED in the HRS rates and needs to be paid additionally in the hotel. Business travelers are exempted from this tax when showing an adequate verification (e.g. employer certificate). ++++
Hotel built in 1995, Last complete renovation 2012, Last partial renovation 2013, Number of floors 6, Total number of rooms 166, Number of single rooms 1, Number of double rooms 165, of which have 2 separate beds 41, Number of rooms with air conditioning 166, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Family hotel, No-smoking hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 125621, VDR certified business hotel, VDR certified conference hotel, No-smoking room 166, Air Plus Meeting Card
Berswordtstraße 2, 44139 Dortmund, Germany
- Station (Dortmund Hbf) 3.0 km
- City centre (Dortmund) 2.5 km
- Airport (Dortmund Airport (DTM)) 15.0 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 13 EUR
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Sauna Fee 2 EUR
- Turkish bath Hourly rate 2 EUR
- Fitness room
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Vegetarian food available
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Analogue modem connection in 166 rooms
- Room safe
- Temperature controls in 166 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Pets permitted Fee per day 12,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Meets ISO 14001 environmental management standard
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Steigenberger
Very friendly and competent people
Ein sehr schönes,Hotel mit sehr freundlichem Personal. Uneingeschränkt zu empfehlen!
The rooms and easy access to the internet for working
choice of bar food
The kindness and supportiveness of the staff. Cleanliness, low noise level.
Room interior quite simple for a Steigenberger. Not even a coffeemaker in the room.
WIFI absolute very poor performance. Staff reccomended to use the faster version which is 8euro/24h but this was also very bad and sometimes no connection. When I mentioned that they explained me the hotel is fully booked so capacity is not sufficient.
Good hotel enjoy staying there. Location is ideal for me!
- Ein Laufband und ein Stepper sind für mich kein Fitnessbereich - Nebenkosten wie Parkgebür und Internet wie in allen Hotels dieser Klasse zu teuer
Ample Room, clean.
Unspecific kind of ventilation-noises in the room. The breakfast is too expensive for its quality. Furnishing, and style of the hotel somewhat vulgar.
Zimmer sehr altmodisch, die dusche war defekt und auch auf nachfrage passierte nichts. Die bar ist schlechter sortiert als die bar eines ibis hotel. Wirft keinen gutes licht auf den namen steigenberger
I looked for a room in Dortmund via hotel.info. The best price was 9 EUR and I booked it and received a booking confirmation also for 9 EUR. Later I re-checked and found out that actual price was 92 EUR. However the Hotel confirmed my booking for 9 EUR with no problem and I was pleased with warm welcome and excellent service!