Hotel built in 1986, Last complete renovation 2009, Last partial renovation 2017, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 69, Number of single rooms 12, Number of double rooms 44, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Airport hotel, Holiday hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 5
57, Stadiou, 71601 Heraklion, Greece
- City centre (Heraklion) 2.55 km
- Airport (Heraklion International Nikos Kazantzakis Airport (HER)) 1.78 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 EUR
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool open from 08:00.00 until 22:00.00
- Fire alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Provider wirplus
- Satellite TV
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone in the bathroom
- Room safe
- Iron + ironing board
- Temperature controls
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Vending machine for beverages
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Parking directly by the hotel
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 3 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
Evaluations of Sofia
- very friendly staff - swimming pool - restaurant in hotel - early breakfast (6 am) - WiFi worked perfect in our room
- no safe in the room
The staff is amazing, the internet is good for Crete and the rooms are great for the money.
For those who are really bad sleepers, the airplane noise would be a killer and for some chefs the breakfast would be a reason to complain. For me it wasn't disturbing.
There was a misunderstanding with the booking agent and our rooms were not booked - however, the owner could not have been more gratious and apologetic and arranged for us to stay in one of their studio apartments, which was very nice.
Nothing negative to say - we highly recommend the Sofia to anyone traveling to Heraklion!
The right choice for one night, arriving late at the airport 11pm.
Close and easy access to the airport and highway. Had to leave for the flight before breakfast (5AM) but coffee and some food was available. Free parking, Friendly staff, nice room, free internet access, air condition, frequent public bus to town center.
When planes taking off there is some noise. But there were no flights during the night and room is reasonably soundproof. Noise wasn't a problem for us.