Style of hotel and ambience
Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa is the ideal place to unlock the compelling destination of Sentosa Island, located within walking distance to Sentosa Island’s pristine beaches including Palawan Beach and fun-filled family attractions like Universal Studios Singapore and S.E.A. Aquarium. Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa offers a truly unique experience in every one of its 191 stylish guest rooms and suites decorated in a colonial or contemporary style. Retreat to a comfortable space in the Japanese-inspired Onsen Suite, with a hot tub set in a tranquil outdoor sanctuary. Stimulate your curiosity and palate with refined cuisine prepared with the freshest ingredients at the hotel’s all-day dining restaurant, Latest Recipe and experience the finest of premium whiskies at the WoW – World of Whisky.
Special features of the hotel
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa lies just half a kilometre away from the main island of Singapore and can be reached by monorail, bus, car or by walking on the Sentosa Boardwalk.
Hotel built in 2011, Last partial renovation 2011, Number of floors 6, Total number of rooms 191, Number of suites (separate rooms) 72, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Trade fair/conference hotel, Club hotel/resort
23 Beach View, Sentosa, 098679 Singapore, Singapore
- City centre (Singapore) 5.93 km
- Airport (Singapore Changi International Airport (SIN)) 22.11 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Restaurant(s) 2
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Fitness centre
- TV remote control
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Temperature controls
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- TV with international news channel
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Free daily newspapers
- Shoe-polishing machine
Evaluations of Le Méridien Singapore Sentosa
Breakfast was below standard of other Le Meridien Hotels. Room design is nice, but maintenance is not well.
It was a wonderful stay at the hotel. It's near to the attractions within RWS such as USS and is a short walk to the beach for some frisbee games. The monorail station is just cross the street if you wish to visit the nearby VIVO city mall. Great place for food, shopping and coffee.
1) Card key not working, i had to walk to the front desk twice to be told that the door has ´´no battery´´ 2) Door bell not working so i had to call for someone to come and 'repair' it 3) When i was asked if i wanted to upgrade to a suite i was not told that the room is for the handicap - hence no bath-tub + sliding door to toilet with 'noisy' voice message 'door opening/closing' (noisy in the middle of the night) 3) the light to the toilet in the room has to be accessed next to the bed (12 buttons!). To go to the toilet in the middle of the night, i had to switch on the light next to the bed (instead of next to the toilet) and there is the voice message saying ´´door opening´´ ´´door closing´´ each time we use the toilet. 4) The sink could not drain away water. Repair man came and told us to pull the plug up to drain dirty water away. 5) After shower, the pool of water could not be drained so the next day the toilet was stinking. The repair man came and said nothing can be done due to the vesak day holiday. He said he will call someone to clean up the toilet for us but nobody came! 6) i asked for additional blankets twice. The first time one blanket was delivered. It was too thin so i asked for another blanker but it never came. 7) At the check-out the next day, when i was asking for the bill, there was confusion, they didn't know i have upgraded my room to the suite. They said mine was just an additional bed. i have to pay $80 for the bed but i said i was told the upgrade to the suite is $70. They also wanted to charge me for using the internet. but i said for suite guest the internet is free. Subsequently , they said in view of the stinking toilet, they will give me the internet free. i am very unhappy coz i was asked if i wanted to pay $70 for an upgrade to the suite (and i was given the list of freebies if i move to the suite eg. free internet. etc) but upon check out i was told, no, i didn't stay in the suite - mine was a normal room with one additional bed. So they listed that in the bill. This is so confusing and exasperating (i feel cheated). 8) Finally, i asked the staff for a feedback form coz i wanted to give immediate feedback. i was told no feedback form per se but i could write my grievances on a piece of blank paper. This is so unprofessional! I was then told that i will be receiving an email from the hotel to give feedback
Very good location, brunch at tablescape and Wow was fantastic though pricey. Room was nice. Resort feel, away from the crowd.
Walls are thin, limited carpark space