Hotel built in 1919, Last complete renovation 1983, Last partial renovation 1991, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 66, Number of single rooms 11, Number of double rooms 55, of which have 2 separate beds 32, of which have a double bed 23, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Hotel closed from 2009-12-23, to 2010-01-04, Reception manned at weekends from 07:00, to 23:00, Reception manned from 06:30, to 23:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Renovation work planned 2010-01-01, to 2012-12-31, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, No-smoking room 54, Children's beds/cots 1, Renovation work planned 2010-01-01, to 2012-12-31, in area other
Moselweißer Str. 121, 56073 Koblenz, Germany
- Station (Koblenz Hbf) 2.0 km
- City centre (Koblenz) 1.77 km
- Airport (Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN)) 100.0 km
- Highway (A48 - Koblenz-Nord) 4.38 km
The hotel is located in Coblenz's Rauental district, a short walk from the bank of the Moselle (river). In addition, two of the most important attractions, the Deutsches Eck headland and Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, are also located in the immediate vicinity. Do you like recreational activities? Then the hiking and bike trails along the Moselle and Rhine will delight you. Furthermore, the surrounding Taunus, Westerwald, Hunsrück, and Eifel mountains are worth day trips.
6:30 AM to 11:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 2-minute walk away
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 4,80 EUR
- Garage is a 3-minute walk away
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 16:00.00 until 23:00.00 Closed saturday,sunday
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator Hotel selbst
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR Provider Hotel selbst
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- ISDN connection
- Analogue modem connection in 66 rooms
- Iron + ironing board in 2 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 66 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Pets permitted Fee per day 7,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Free daily newspapers
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Scholz
The staff from the hotel was verz friendly and the breakfast was very nice.
a good value for money. 15 minute easy walk to the old town. Good breakfast. Rooms well appointed for a 3 star hotel. Frau Scholz values her guests and her staff also makes sure their stay is happy.
Somewhat difficult to find using a map. Moselweiss sign a little misleading. Parking is away from hotel unless you get one of three underground parking spaces near the hotel. Otherwise no negative comments
The hotel was easy to find on a main road with free parking in the rear. We had 3 adults and was provided a triple room on the top floor. The staff was pleasant and spoke some English. Breakfast was included and was very good // something for every taste.
only a hairdryer was lacking
The staf was very friendly and helpfull
Good clean hotel. Good restaurant and breakfest. Important sights are within walking distance (15-30 minutes).
Location takes a while to get used to. But once you identify all the important sights, you realise that they are within about 15 minutes walk. The rail station is about 45 minutes walk but is manageable by foot or bus.
- nice rooms, good breakfast
- Wireless was available but not free of charge (even though it was rather cheap - 2 euros per day)
Staff exceptionally helpful, overall good value for money
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in the process of refurbishment. Our room was dated, but clean and roomy. Very well located to explore the Mosel valley, and we found it fairly easy to access the Rhine valley.
There is a church/convent across the road - the bells can be useful if you want early alarm calls - but I don't think they sounded before 06.00. The hotel is a good 25 min walk along a fairly busy road and via a subway before you get to the town centre.
The staff is indeed extremely friendly and helpful. A definite plus.
I had a double room for single use and it was tiny. There were shelves and a sort of 12´´ wide open hanging arrangement for clothes but no closet. Works for passing thru but not if you want to unpack suitacase and hang up all your clothes. Furnishing kept to bare minimum. No mini-bar or fridge. No hairdryer in room (but available upon request at the desk). Less choice and variety for breakfast as in other hotels of same category I stayed at.