Hotel built in 1994, Last complete renovation 2014, Number of floors 8, Total number of rooms 159, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 0
CHRISTIESGATE 5-7, 5808 Bergen, Norway
- City centre (Bergen) 0.48 km
- Airport (Bergen Airport) 12.25 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Restaurant(s) 2
- Hotel bar
- Children's playground
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Ice machine
Evaluations of Scandic Byparken
Breakfast is nice
The room I had was above a nightclub. Very loud music in my room, It came through the walls. At 03:00am it finally stopped. So I had only a few hours sleep. The staff is fully aware of this problem. But still the hotel rents it out. A true disgrace, shame on you Scandic
1. The reception people were extremly helpful in all aspects. Even they helped me to search for different parts of the areas by calling the respective numbers. 2. Breakfast is much better than expected. 3. Room is well maintained, clean and comes with all other accessories including the minibar. 4. Very close to the railway station and located in the center of the city.
1. Relatively smaller room for a family and I feel the price is little more.
We were a bit worried about this hotel as Bergen was virtually full when we tried to book, other than the most expensive hotels costing more than twice this one. This was the only moderately priced hotel with vacancies, so we wondered if there was something wrong with it. In fact it was very well placed indeed, and we had a nice view over the park from our window. It was clean and welcoming, and the staff were very helpful. Not luxury, but a very good deal for the price.
The public seating areas,other than the dining area, were very limited if you wanted a drink at the bar. What there was was comfortable, but very busy. But to be fair, the hotel description made it clear than this wasn't a hotel with big public rooms.