Hotel built in 1952, Last complete renovation 1988, Last partial renovation 2011, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 101, Number of single rooms 18, Number of double rooms 81, of which have 2 separate beds 24, of which have a double bed 57, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 0, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 0, Rooms with connecting door 0, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Hotel closed from 2011-12-24, to 2011-12-31, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 2, Number of business rooms 0, Hotel, City hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 100, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 7, Children's beds/cots 2, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 0 rooms, Renovation work planned 2016-12-16, to 2017-03-31, in area fitnessWellness
Queen Street, PO1 3HS Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- Station (Portsmouth Harbour) 0.2 km
- City centre (Portsmouth) 0.94 km
- Airport (Southampton Airport (SOU)) 24.39 km
- Highway (M275) 0.5 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Marked disabled parking space
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 07:00.00 until 09:30.00 and from 18:00 until 21:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Indoor pool open from 08:00.00 until 20:00.00 closed from 2016-09-04 to 2017-05-31
- Sauna Fee 0 GBP
- Whirlpool Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 101 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Washing machine for guests
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 2 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Royal Maritime Club
Location is great for the harbour and ferries, bus station is also close by.
Maritime museum, gunwharf and spannaker tower right on the door step.
the room (302) was in much need of a refresh, it was very noisy- immediately above a function room/live band, the water pipes were constantly churning too.
This hotel is in an excellent location and ample secure parking across the road at reduced rates. The staff are friendly and very efficient. Very good breakfast with plenty of choice
All the decor is very clean, but possibly in need of refurbishment in certain areas.
Staff were amazing! Found a plug to charge my phone overnight, as I left mine at home - thank-you! Location perfect.
I don't really eat breakfast, but do need fresh coffee... only instant was available. Really unusual (in a bad way) these days....
The reception staff were very helpful and friendly!
Another guest next door ? snored all night and I could hear it in my room quite loudly. The bed was a bit wobbly and squeaky.
Perfect location for visiting the Historic Dockyard, friendly staff, bountiful breakfast, decent price.
The staff were excellent and happily helped with any problems. Bar and restaurant staff were polite, cheerful and very helpful.
Wallpaper in my room was a bit tired, the room was very hot even with the the radiator switched off. There was an awful lot of noise from youths outside the hotel until about 4am. So it was stuffy room, difficult to sleep, or open the window very noisy no sleep. Spoilt it for me.
The short time spent there was perfect, the staff were all friendly and very helpful. The food in the Victory Bar was nice, and the buffet breakfast was an excellent selection - and the hot food was hot! I will visit again.
Friendly helpful staff Excellent bar food and good value for money Location close to Gunwharf and historical dockyards (all walking distance)
Breakfast was no more than 'ok' - improved on second day as manager was present in dining area
Great place to stay for the Dockyard events and visiting Gun Wharf