Hotel built in 1989, Last complete renovation 2003, Last partial renovation 2016, Number of floors 6, Total number of rooms 199, Number of single rooms 199, Number of double rooms 199, Rooms with connecting door 13, Number of suites (separate rooms) 4, Number of rooms with air conditioning 199, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Number of luxury rooms 78, Number of business rooms 38, Hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Motel, Family hotel, No-smoking hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 14512, Miles & More, No-smoking room 199, Hypoallergenic rooms 1, Family rooms available 1, Air Plus Meeting Card
Am Hardtwald 10, 76275 Ettlingen, Germany
- Station (Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof) 6.5 km
- City centre (Karlsruhe) 8.6 km
- Airport (Karlsruhe Baden-Baden (FKB)) 35.0 km
- Highway (A5 - Karlsruhe-Süd) 0.33 km
The Hotel Radisson Blu is located between the cities Ettlingen and Karlsruhe, near the motorway A5. Famous sights of the area like the Arena, the Karlsruhe Palace or the Ettlingen Castle are conveniently reachable by car. The central station Karlsruhe and the city station Ettlingen are reachable within a 10-minute drive.
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 12 EUR Hourly rate 1,50 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Parking with charging facility for electric cars
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Executive/business floor
- Restaurant(s) 2 open from 12:00.00 until 18:00.00 and from 18:00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Roof garden
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Mobile phone reception
- Fitness centre Fee 0 EUR
- Door with spy-hole in 199 rooms
- Door with security chain in 199 rooms
- Door with security lock in 199 rooms
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Senior Comfort suitable communal rooms
- Seating with armrests in reception area
- Interior lighting in public areas with motion sensors
- Within walking distance of public transport max. 500m
- Background music not louder than 40 db
- Car parking is near the entrance, min. 350 cm wide and on firm ground.
- Senior Comfort suitable food service
- All meals also available as small portions (reduced price)
- Easy-to-read menu (font at least Arial 12)
- Table service
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Automated external defibrillator on site (AED)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 38 rooms
- Iron + ironing board in 38 rooms
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Temperature controls in 199 rooms
- Centrally controlled ventilation
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Senior Comfort suitable room incl. bath
- Sound-absorbent doors
- Separate luggage storage space
- Separate coat rack
- Spacious wardrobe (linen shelf, hanging options)
- Bed at least 50 cm high
- Bed at least 100 cm wide (single bed), at least 180 cm (double bed)
- Hooks for bath robes in bathroom
- Generous storage space in the bathroom
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 15 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 15,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Meets ISO 14001 environmental management standard
- Changing mat for babies
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Porter service
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 06:30.00 until 22:00.00
- Chemist and doctor can be contacted via reception
- Various daily newspapers available
- Information material about the hotel, region and local events
Evaluations of Radisson Blu
great welcome, very friendly. Nice decoration.
The staff was very friendly and helpful at all hours. The rooms were cleaner than other hotels I have stayed at for the same price point in Germany. Breakfast was delicious. I personally liked being located further from downtown Karlsruhe as the downtown was full of construction, congested, and had much traffic. However, I had a rental car.
Breakfast buffet was a bit pricey and the same all days. Not a hotel for those without a car for transport. More USB plugs or international AC outlets would be welcome.
Infrastruktur für Autofahrer ist gut. Restaurant ist auch ok.
Der Pool-Bereich macht morgens erst spät auf (nach 7 Uhr) und ist auch abgeschlossen. Schade und unnötig. Schwimmen vor dem Frühstück schwer möglich. Das Personal bloß nicht nach einem Kaffee beim Frühstück fragen. Lieber direkt selbst ziehen.
Room is decent and clean.
The location is far from main city center which is not ideal as it is not convenient and can only commute by taxi.
Overall satisfactory experience. Would like to mention the name of Ms. Hannah Epp who really impressed me with her Pro customer approach, which is a necessary element of service industry and the people like her are asset in hotel industry, who makes the difference. Thanks to the Chef , who made me feel special by making a vegetable dish for me. All staff (except one) in restaurant were great.
Mini bar should be included in the price House keeping needs improvement in response time No attendant in wellness area Most of the Staff at reception is monotonous and robotic with missing warmness and hospitality approach
Very spacious rooms.
The hotel and rooms need some renovations. The furniture in the rooms, specifically the mattress, have seen better days.
Would have been good to have an iron in the room.
Friendly staff who were attentive and willing to offer assistance, plus excellent restaurant in the hotel.
One elevator was non-operational for many days - very inconvenient when hotel was busy. Onsite parking too expensive for a hotel not situated in a populated area.
Every thing you need in a hotel, clean, well equiped facilities, good internet assess(wireless).
Quite isolated from the city area, choices of other options of foods or bars not available.
Need more weights(eg 30kg dumb-bells)in the gym, Coffee or water boiler not available in room