Hotel built in 1979, Last complete renovation 2008, Last partial renovation 2008, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 121, Number of single rooms 0, Number of double rooms 121, of which have 2 separate beds 33, of which have a double bed 88, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 20, Rooms with connecting door 2, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 101, Number of business rooms 20, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, VARTA certified business hotel 16896, No-smoking room 121, Family rooms available 20, Children's beds/cots 3, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 0 rooms, Air Plus Meeting Card, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-02-28
Haifa-Allee 8, 55128 Mainz, Germany
- Station (Mainz Hbf) 4.13 km
- City centre (Mainz) 6.0 km
- Airport (Frankfurt am Main International Airport (FRA)) 23.3 km
- Highway (A60 - Mainz-Lerchenberg) 1.0 km
The Select Hotel Mainz is centrally located in Mainz, close to the inner city, Gutenberg University, the ZDF premises, the congress centre, the exhibition grounds and various sights. Traffic connections to the A60, A63 and A643, as well as to Frankfurt airport are ideal.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 7,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Secure parking
- Marked disabled parking space
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:00.00 until 22:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR Fee per day 0 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator LAN1
- Door with spy-hole in 0 rooms
- Door with security chain in 0 rooms
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Breakfast from 06:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Senior Comfort suitable communal rooms
- Seating with armrests in reception area
- Interior lighting in public areas with motion sensors
- Within walking distance of public transport max. 500m
- Background music not louder than 40 db
- Car parking is near the entrance, min. 350 cm wide and on firm ground.
- Senior Comfort suitable food service
- Various main meals available for half or full board
- All meals also available as small portions (reduced price)
- Easy-to-read menu (font at least Arial 12)
- Table service
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR Cost per day 0 EUR Provider LAN1
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker in 121 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Remote control for heating + air conditioning
- Separate reading light for bed
- Sound-absorbent doors
- Separate luggage storage space
- Separate coat rack
- Spacious wardrobe (linen shelf, hanging options)
- Bed at least 50 cm high
- Bed at least 100 cm wide (single bed), at least 180 cm (double bed)
- Hooks for bath robes in bathroom
- Free tea supplies in room
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10,00 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Chemist and doctor can be contacted via reception
- Various daily newspapers available
- Excursion offers, e.g. for day trips or other excursions which can be run either unescorted or for groups
- Information material about the hotel, region and local events
Evaluations of Select Hotel Mainz
Quietness & tranquility
Very tardy with services. No luggage assistant. Staff needs to exude more warmth. All appear too stiff & mechanical.
Air conditioning system could note cope with heat wave.
Convenient for travelers with cars. Good shops in the vicinity.
Its in the suburbs. And German suburbs are not beautiful.
An excellent room in a lovely quiet hotel with very friendly and helpful staff who all had a great command of English which was exceptionally helpful.
Not central to Mainz or to transportation so a hire car is required for accessibility.
Great friendly receiption staff! Room was very nicely decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable!
Breakfast cost was extremely high!
Access to WIFI internet included in room price
This hotel does not deserve its four star catetory, I would rate it three stars superior. It looks like an old hotel that has been superficially refurbished. In particular, bathroom was below standard for a room in this price category (188 Euro/night). Water outlets show their age (tarnished) // water pressure in shower was very low - I was unable to take a shower // water temperature difficult to control.
next to a mall with some restaurants (fast food)
in the middle of nowhere...
Excellent hotel in every way. Good restaurant. Friendly and efficient staff.
In industrial/shopping area, 10 min away from Mainz City Center, car and/or Taxi required. There were three buses with 60+ aged tourists, therefore only a buffet was available in the restaurant, low quality food, no a la carte. No sports facilities.
Next door to a shopping plaza, including McDonald, a super store.... But still out of the way and very quiet. Easy and free parking
Pay Wifi. Even in the lobby