Hotel built in 1873, Last complete renovation 2008, Number of floors 23, Total number of rooms 1641, Number of suites (separate rooms) 43, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 1641
17 East Monroe Street, 60603 Chicago, United States of America
- Station (Chicago - Union Railway Station) 1.02 km
- City centre (Chicago) 0.54 km
- Airport (Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)) 14.75 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Executive/business floor
- Restaurant(s) 4
- Indoor pool
- Fitness room
- Beauty parlor
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Security guards
- Fitness centre
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Telephone on the desk
- Iron + ironing board
- Windows for opening
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
Evaluations of Palmer House a Hilton Hotel
The lobby is beautiful
Check-in was VERY slow. There were two lines that were completely uncoordinated. There's nothing more frustrating than standing in line for 10 minutes and then having someone else walk up and check-in before you... and I am an HHonors member! The toilet flushed all night. The elevator was noisy all night long. I would never stay at this hotel again!
Good location, historical lobby
Excellent food in this hotel. A good central location
The room was very small with limited space for baggage, and a miniscule bathroom which you could barely get into by squeezing around the bathroom door.
Hotel is very centrally located and the staff is very helpful.
The rooms are quite small and some are a bit worn.
Great Location - very convenient to shopping and the Blue Line train to ORD. Historic & Elegant atmosphere in public areas.
Request a room away from elevated train line. The standard room is small but considering the low rate it is an excellent value.
Looks very good (lobby+room). Hotel is ideally located.
The walls are soundproofed ok, but main room doors are all awfully soundproofed : you can see 2 centimeters of light during night between ground and door, so you can hear conversations of anyone walking in the corridor even if you whisper (the opposite is also true, but I had the chance to be on business trip without my wife). Wifi is free for hotel customers...only in the lobby (not acceptable nowadays for foreign customers).
- Too expensive - Overrated - Unfriendly staff - Room quality is not great
The hotel is centrally located for business downtown. The architecture is very unique and there is a nice flow of activity in the lobby and public areas.
The noise in the hallway was quite considerable.
Excellent Location : close to Magnificent Mile and Theatres.
Lobby is excellent, it's a part of the nice hotel history. Hotel is well situated in the loop, near lake Michigan and many restaurants and shops nearby
My room was a bit small