Hotel built in 1952, Last partial renovation 2006, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 270, Number of single rooms 70, Number of double rooms 200, Number of rooms with air conditioning 270, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 270
ASEMA-AUKIO 2, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
- Station (Helsinki - Central Railway Station) 0.0 km
- City centre (Helsinki) 0.1 km
- Airport (Helsinki Vantaa Airport (HEL)) 16.42 km
Hotel directly at the railway station, around the corner from Kiasma - museum of contemporary art and all the city center shops, restaurants and theatres.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 11:30.00 until 00:00.00 Closed sunday
- Hotel bar
- Children's playground
- Sauna Fee 0,00 EUR
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Door with spy-hole in 270 rooms
- Door with security chain in 150 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Automated external defibrillator on site (AED)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Cost per day 0,00 EUR
- Cable TV
- Iron + ironing board in 270 rooms
- Temperature controls in 270 rooms
- Individually controlled ventilation in 270 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Full-length mirror
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Laundry service
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Original Sokos Vaakuna
You can use free finnish sauna + 10% discount from Sokos department store!
I liked the 50's style. Just in the middle of city (if anyone has time to take advantage of it).
Worn out (but not badly) and thus a bit pricy.
If you suffer claustrofobic, do not use the lifts.
quite small rooms very small elevators
The hotel would need renovation
There is no stairs to the floors which you could use. There is lifts, which are 1,5m2 for 6 people, so if you suffer claustrofobic do not choose this hotel.
personnel at the reception was friendly and knowledgeable. excellent English. central location there is a great Tapas Bar on the ground floor right in the hotel
The hotel has all the charm of a post-Soviet warehouse with the furniture to match. The roomkey did not work and it's a VERY long way back to the reception - the hotel is large! The room (at least the one I had) was quite big, but the mattress was saggy and way too soft. Breakfast was minimalistic, dirty tables everywhere, spilled coffee on the flor. But a nice view over the city from the terrace. For all that the price (€ 185,00 for one person and one night) was outrageous!
excellent location, quiet rooms, polite staff.
some parts of the hotel would need renovation -like the restaurant downstairs & the breakfast room.