Hotel built in 1913, Last complete renovation 2014, Last partial renovation 2014, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 35, Number of single rooms 6, Number of double rooms 29, of which have 2 separate beds 13, of which have a double bed 6, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 2, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 35, Children's beds/cots 2, DEHOGA Rating 3, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-04-16
St. Georgstr. 10, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
- Station (Hamburg Hbf) 0.43 km
- City centre (Hamburg) 1.01 km
- Airport (Hamburg Airport (HAM)) 8.32 km
- Highway (Abzweig Veddel - Anschluß Neue Elbbrücken) 3.14 km
Our hotel is situated very centrally between main station and the Alster. From here you can reach all important places in Hamburg. You only have to walk some minutes to reach the so called 'Lange Reihe'. There you find many restaurants and shops.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Car park is a 3-minute walk away
- Garage is a 3-minute walk away
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator LAN1
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Provider LAN1
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Vending machine for beverages
- Express check-out
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Novum Alster St. Georg
central location, friendly staff
far too expensive, no good breakfast, bad rooms, no elevator, noisy // such a hotel should cost max. 40 EUR a day
1)schlechtes Preis/Leistungsverhätnis verglichen mit IBIS Hotel 200 m weiter 2)bauliche Mängel im Bad, z.B.lockere Fliesen und Stoßleisten, undichte Fugen
close to Bahnhof
too expensive. lower quality than Gasthof.
The hotel is located directly in the centre.
There is no elevator or anyone who would help with the luggage. That was rather inconvenient in the fourth floor. Surely it is not suitable for older persons or people with disabilities. The pictures promise much more than is actually offered. The price seems to be a little high for what is offered.
Very practical location in city centre and close to railway station.
(Smell of) tobacco smoke in the staircase.
Good location, good breakfast.
Room war dark, smelly and needs renovation.
Please read explanation on complaint-mail
Staff is remarkable, nice and helpful. Single room was small but functional and spotless. Location is very good. Excellent value for money.
Nothing to report/.
Very friendly staff
The room maid did not lock my room after cleaning so it stayed open for the whole day until my return with all my stuff in it accessible to anybody. The noise at night was completely unacceptable. Also with ear protection, it was too loud in the room.