Hotel built in 1980, Last complete renovation 2018, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 150, Rooms with connecting door 10, Number of suites (separate rooms) 5, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, No-smoking room 150, Family rooms available 5, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2020-09-06
Hafenstr. 8, 66111 Saarbrücken, Germany
- Station (Saarbrücken Hauptbahnhof) 0.41 km
- City centre (Saarbrücken) 0.47 km
- Airport (Luxembourg-Findel International Airport (LUX)) 70.96 km
- Highway (LUISENBRUCKE) 0.3 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Garage in the hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Mercure Hotel Saarbruecken City
only the location.
I am not satisfied at all with the facilities of the hotel. A/C of my room not working, not changed, Cleanliness of the rooms and toilet was poor. Asked for Riverside room, despite they have one but not alloted.
proximity of town center and restaurant quality of the bed furniture
problem of air-conditioning during the night : production of heat instead of cool.
The room good and the breakfast was great.
They mess up my laundry with the laundry of another person.
Friendly staff. And very professional.
Limited number of English language TV channels.
The noise level from the street were very unpleasant. It would be nice to have more options for veggies and vegans (I could eat only porridge - oat with water). Furthermore it is important for veggies an vegans to consume organic produced food (without any pesticide, fungicide and herbicide). I would appreciate to have this for breakfast (and for 17 EUR it should be possible).
Great location, with the Saar River running right behind the hotel.The main train station is a stones throw away, as is the shopping street. Lots of cafes and bars around, so a huge list of options to spend those evenings. Rooms are adequate, and contain everything you really need. Not all rooms come with a kettle though, which was a bit of a surprise.
- Good breakfast buffet. - Good soundproofed rooms which afford silence even thought he autobahn passes just beside the hotel - Nice bar. Great character.
- Not really a negative point, but this seems to be the favorite hotel for groups of tourists on chartered tours. Get to breakfast early if you know such a group is in town :)
Very nice rooms and friendly staff
There were no tea spoons in my room, it seems that cleaning staff became tired to the 5 floor
This hotel was in a great location in the city center. A 5 min walk to the train station and the mall, with lots of sights to see also very close. The food in the restaurant was excellent with a wide selection of traditonal German dishes to US 'standards'. The staff all spoke very good English as well as French.
The only downside of this hotel was the soundproofing, it did not take too much noise for you to hear.