Hotel built in 2000, Number of floors 6, Total number of rooms 132, Number of suites (separate rooms) 11, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-06-30
Bismarckstr. 48-50, 45128 Essen, Germany
- Station (Essen Hauptbahnhof) 0.93 km
- City centre (Essen) 1.58 km
- Airport (Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS)) 23.9 km
- Highway (A40 ESSEN ZENTRUM) 0.5 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Garage in the hotel
- Restaurant(s) 0
- Hotel bar
- Indoor pool
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Fax connection
- Room safe
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Mercure Hotel Plaza Essen
Modern hotel, good location, big bed and wellness area (pool, sauna), delicious breakfast with a variety of options for vegans.
I have stayed at this hotel several times. It's good value and well located.
On this stay I arrived at 23:30 due to a delayed flight and the hotel turned me away as they were overbooked. Despite this they had my prefilled book form ready at reception but had not sought to call me. Apparently an email had been sent about securing with a credit card but in German even though my booking was made through a corporate system including payment details. (I filter many junk emails out from hotels and had not seen this). When I arrived I was offered no alternative hotel or even suggestion. I booked the Atlantic Essen online in the time I waited for a taxi which was a little more expensive but I can really recommend as a great hotel in Essen. Really poor service and attitude to a regular guest at the Mercure.
Pleasant stay. Extremely nice and helpful staff. Large room for money.
1) Air conditioner is noisy and didn't cool the air 2) In reception asked 25 extra euro for 2 hours early check-in. In other hotels it is normally for free if there is a room available. They had a room available, but didn't want to give it for free. 3) Window was automatically closed with auto blind at 11 a.m. Not possible to remove this blind.
My booking was not accepted as the hotel was fully booked when I arrived. I was forwarded to another hotel which had a room available, but wanted to charge a higher rate then the Mercure. I did not get a written confirmation about the new bpoking. The process was a total mess.
the bed was a bit creaked.
female staff at breakfast could move to another quieter room
unfriendly and incompetent guy at reception loud street noise fitness description and pictures on homepage are FAKE, there is no fitness room!
Central city location, nice rooms
Over priced services- parking, internet. Hotel's bar food is under exepctation.
very good hotel, very friendly to families