Hotel built in 1988, Last complete renovation 1999, Number of floors 8, Total number of rooms 103, Number of single rooms 8, Number of double rooms 89, Rooms with connecting door 1, Number of junior suites 6, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 103, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-06-30
Friesenstr. 44-48, 50670 Cologne, Germany
- Station (Köln Hauptbahnhof) 1.1 km
- City centre (Köln) 1.21 km
- Airport (Cologne Bonn Airport (CGN)) 16.3 km
- Highway (""ZENTRUM"" A 57) 2.0 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Parking for women at hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 20 EUR Hourly rate 1,90 EUR
- Garage is a 0-minute walk away
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 EUR Cost per day 0 EUR Provider m3connect
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Separate luggage store
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- 1 mini bar refill
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse
1. Staff was not friendly 2. Room cleanliness was not good. I felt not freshness in room air, specially bathroom was lot of fine dust. 3. Breakfast 20€ is costly
Location was fine. Nearby bars were good. Service staff generally friendly. Free WiFi was superb.
Wondered a little about security as Reception was not always manned. One request was not responded to well.
POSITION OF HOTEL IS EXCELLENT, PARKING IS EXCELLENT. BREAKFAST IS VERY GOOD.
SHOWER IS NOT VERY CLEAN, ROOM WAS VERY COLD WHEN WE ARRIVED, LONG TIME NEEDS TO HEAT. MATTRESSES ON BEDS ARE OLD AND HARD. HOTEL STAFF IS SOMETIMES VERY NICE, SOMETIMES UNINTERESTED. WE DON'T LIKE THAT HOTEL STAFF IS TAKING OUR PLATES DURING BREAKFAST EVERY TIME WHEN WE GO FOR ANOTHER PART OF CAKE OR BREAD, ETC., WE FEEL LIKE THEY SPEED US TO FINISH BREAKFAST.
good quality, quiet despite lively area
quite a noisy area - you can't open the windows
I booked the room without breakfast but was charged anyway without having breakfast. This took unnessisary time to take care of at check out. I don't understand how this is could be done when they have someone checking how is eating.
Gutes Business-Hotel ohne Besonderheiten
expensive breakfast and parking
I will never book this hotel again! Reason: inflexible offer - I had to leave after the first day. I could not get back any money - ok, this was the offer, and thus my fault. But that I could not get any other benefit, like suggested at least free parking for this one night, showed to me an inflexibility of the stuff, which I cannot accept. Please consider, that the room was available for reselling for half the time of the arrangement. I had to pay in addition 15 Euro for the parking! So I left very angry. This is the reason, why I will never book this hotel again!
Breakfast is too expensive.
Towels in the bathroom were a little old