Hotel built in 2001, Last complete renovation 2017, Number of floors 8, Total number of rooms 139, Rooms with connecting door 6, Number of suites (separate rooms) 7, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family rooms available 8, DEHOGA Rating 4, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2019-08-31
Schuetzenstrasse 11, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 2.42 km
- City centre (Berlin) 1.36 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 9.12 km
- Highway (TEMPELHOFER DAMM) 4.9 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Garage in the hotel
- Restaurant(s) 0
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Guest room doors self closing
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Fax connection
- Room safe
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Pets permitted
- Express check-out
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
Great, extremely spacious rooms.
Breakfast was not included in the price, which was a surprise for an over 100€ priced place.
Good central location, quiet rooms facing the interior yard, fast check-in/check-out
Overpriced, furniture, elevator, flooring a bit outdated, expensive breakfast for average food offer
Breakfast 18 euro is to expensive. Better to eat breakfast outside the hotel.
The person we were dealing with in the hotel regarding the internet was lovely and helpful however the hotel needs to understand it is their brand, not the company to whom they outsource, that will suffer. Generally very good service in the hotel.
The internet: did not work well at all and when we were put through to the group outsourced to provide it the response was, literally, 'so what'?
Spacioius good room at fair price.
Expensive breakfast, no coffee-facilities in room
Lovely hotel with very friendly staff. Just around the corner from Checkpoint Charlie and easy walking distance to Brandenburger Tor, Reichtag and other sights. Highly recommended.
Excellent Hotel. Very pleasant, helpful staff. Good location.
Dear Sirs, I got an upgrade to a suite. Therefore the rating is pretty much influenced by getting a very spacious and well equipped accomodation. Best regards Achim Reinhart
The fitness area is small, which is not sufficient for a good workout.
Excellent Hotel. I can recommend it to everybody Parking garage available, near nice sights in Berlin
it was poor weather
check in / out very quick
AC did not work in the hole hotel, rooms very hot