Hotel built in 1930, Last complete renovation 1998, Number of floors 7, Total number of rooms 141, Rooms with connecting door 18, Number of suites (separate rooms) 3, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 0
16, Place de la gare, L-1616 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Station (Luxemburg - Railway Station) 0.13 km
- City centre (Luxemburg) 1.08 km
- Airport (Luxembourg-Findel International Airport (LUX)) 6.34 km
- Highway (LUXEMBOURG-VILLE SUD) 1.0 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Fax connection
- Room safe
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Pets permitted
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Express check-out
- Porter service
- Business center
- Car rental
- Laundry service
Evaluations of Mercure Grand Hotel Alfa Luxembourg
The location is right across the street from the main train station, with various bus lines right in front. The historic older parts of the city are not much more than a fifteen minute walk. The restaurant in the hotel is pretty great. The wifi is free and pretty zippy!
I have no negatives from this stay.
- Personnel at breakfest buffet not capable to handle many guests at the same time - Free airport shuttle is a small bus which is too small to transfer all requesting guests at preferred times
No facility to printout from emails/internet
~The staff at the Hotel was really friendly and helpful. ~Even though the Train- / Bus station is right across the street, it was really quite in the room.
The Hotel had no own Parking Garage. We had to park the Car at the Parking garage near the Train station, 5 Min walk from the Hotel, price per Day: 18,- Euro.
Really enjoyed the stay.
Bit of a struggle to find car parking, but it did work out.
The complimentary glass of wine in the hotel bar was unexpected but a nice touch.
Friendly staff, decent although not central location.
Noisy, air conditioning not working.
Very comfortable rooms with large and spacious bathroom and separate toilet. Staff is very professional yet also very friendly. The cleanliness was impeccable.
The location right opposite the central station is a bit of a mixed blessing. It makes virtually the whole city reachable on foot and there are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. On the other hand, the square (Place de la Gare) is a very noisy place even at night. Negative point: breakfast is not included and at 18 euros is pretty expensive.
I was at room 223. There was a electric noise coming from the switch system. It was unpleasant and hard to sleep. Although the TV was a flat screen, some channels weren’t visible. I hope I had the bad lucky. I hope that will be fixed by the time.
Nice art deco restaurant and bar
No parking at the hotel.