Hotel built in 1994, Last complete renovation 2017, Number of floors 13, Total number of rooms 207, Rooms with connecting door 1, Number of suites (separate rooms) 12, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 207
8 Customs Street East, 1010 Auckland, New Zeeland
- Station (Auckland - Britomart Transport Centre) 0.11 km
- City centre (Auckland) 2.45 km
- Airport (Auckland International Airport (AKL)) 18.31 km
- Highway (NORTH WESTERN) 1.0 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Restaurant(s) 2
- Hotel bar
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Special facilities for the disabled (visually impaired/deaf)
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Fax connection
- Room safe
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Porter service
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
Evaluations of Grand Mercure Auckland
Was required to pay in full plus 400 upon entering - communicated extreme distrust. I have never been treated in this manner in over 30 years of travel. Rooms are cheap looking and uncomfortable.
Friendliness of reception. Room cleanliness.
Very slow wifi in thsi hotel. With this room rate, speed of internet should be faster. I am already guess we should not pay additional to get better speed. Perhaps, it is practice in NZ.
central situation. roof top restaurant.
old rooms (10th floor need urgent refurbishment), two lifts under renovation at the same time: only one lift available which bring around 10 minutes each time to wait for the lift... Service at the bar is far from what you are in right to expect (food order can take a while to be served...)
Location, location, location. It is perfect location for down town. Very easy to get to via airport shuttle. Easy access to local trains. Clean hotel
Wifi is free in the lobby but not in your room??? Come on either it's free or it's not. Don't ask me to sign up for some Mercure promotional to get wifi. And it was painfully slow. Logged off repeatedly. But if it was that alone I would not care. Water pressure in the shower was bad. Had to take twice as long a shower just to get shampoo out of my hair. Toilet flush handle stuck on so gallons of water wasted before I could rattle it enough to get it off. Then the bottom bed sheet was not tight so in the middle of the night I'm making the bed. I understand why hotels don't use fitted bottom sheets but if your going to use a flat bottom sheet it's got to be tight to the mattress. Check out was painfully slow. Do I have a car don't I have a car just ask me. I don't. I love the desk clerk that helped me get tickets to the Blues Rugby game. Very helpful however he couldn't get his own printer to work. I had to help him. Your software systems are not matched well. But the the guy that was asked to help me is not normally involved with concierge duties. He was chosen because he was a guy. And guys are the only ones into Rugby? Come on. Three people on desk duty and no one to help with activities. For what this hotel is supposed to be and what we paid when could have done much better.
Very convenient location from Britomart Train Station. Just a few minutes walk from Airport bus stop.
Bathroom was clean but old. Average as 3 star hotel.
Location. Close to wharf. Easy for airport bus. Close to attractions. Was cheap and value for money good.
Despite the modern reception, the rooms are quite old. Our bath was not clean. Room at front of hotel was very loud due to busy street (cars, as well as loud/drunk people as it was a Saturday night).
check aut at 11.00 a.m.