Hotel built in 2002, Last complete renovation 2002, Last partial renovation 2012, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 115, Number of single rooms 68, Number of double rooms 74, of which have 2 separate beds 74, of which have a double bed 0, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 104, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 104, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 10:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Hostel/Youth hostel, Youth hostel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 72, Hypoallergenic rooms 5, Family rooms available 68, Children's beds/cots 2
Lehrter Str. 68, 10557 Berlin, Germany
- Station (Berlin Hauptbahnhof) 0.44 km
- City centre (Berlin) 1.51 km
- Airport (Berlin-Tegel International Airport (TXL)) 6.32 km
- Highway (A100 - Stadtring Berlin - Seestrasse) 2.74 km
The youth hostel Jugendgästehaus Am Hauptbahnhof is centrally, yet quietly situated opposite the main station of Berlin. Famous sights and attractions such as Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate and German Chancellery are located within walking distance. Numerous leisure and shopping facilities are also reachable on foot.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 10,00 EUR
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Marked disabled parking space
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Security guards
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Special facilities for the disabled (visually impaired/deaf)
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 5
- Seating area
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Additional seating option in bathroom
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Vending machine for beverages
- 1 bottle of mineral water
Evaluations of Jugendgästehaus Hauptbahnhof
good for young people.
no further recommendation.
Nice room for the money.
Location was ideal for the train station. This was the major reason for choosing. Clean and comfortable. Reasonably priced. Mainly quiet, except in the morning we heard people talking loudly in the apartments behind the hotel.
No television, no washcloths, no telephone, no air conditioning. Also, as I tried to look at the offerings in the soda refrigerator, behind the lobby counter AND the small chain was NOT drawn across, I was informed to step back behind the line. I could not see what the drinks were from that distance. I felt this was rather rude from the person behind the counter. Consequently, I left without a purchase. Had the white chain been in place, I would have not walked the two steps to see what was offered in the case. He informed that I was to stand behind the line!!!
Breakfast was announced as included. Breakfast does include coffe/tea, bread rolls and marmalade. For a slice of cold meat or a piece of butter, you are asked for an additional Buffet Fee. Be prepared to sleep with ear plugs, as the doors dampen noise as well as a sheet of paper, and the boys and girls enjoy their being away from home - as they should :)
Good 1st impression, cleanliness, neat, excellent welcoming experience.
Can improve if have boiled water facility in the room for drinking.
The hotel was clean and very near the Rail station
Room was not available till 15:00h of the check-in date. No TV in the room (did not see if the room description mentions that) Separate Bath room and toilet. Too much light into the room through the curtain