Hotel built in 1988, Last complete renovation 2001, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 138, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, Family rooms available 8, DEHOGA Rating 2, DEHOGA Rating valid until 2018-09-30
Ungererstrasse 139, 80805 Munich, Germany
- Station (München Hauptbahnhof) 4.99 km
- City centre (München) 4.55 km
- Airport (Munich International Airport (MUC)) 24.23 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Garage in the hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025
- Cable TV
- Satellite TV
- Fax connection
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of ibis Muenchen City Nord
One must evaluate this hotel's value versus others in Munich. Based on this scale, I can highly recommend the hotel. I brought my American family with me, including my parents to watch my young son during the day. This hotel has central air conditioning (but with a local thermostat) that isn't too loud at night. The floor is real hardwood, which was perfect for me since my son and I suffer from severe dust/mold allergies. We were there for three weeks, so this was essential. The hotel is right next to the Nordfriedhof station on the U6 line, which made it easy for me to commute to TUM Chemistry in Garching, and for my parents and son to go to downtown Munich in the opposite direction. The Lufthansa bus from the Munich airport also stops near here. More than half of the staff members were excellent and went above and beyond to help us.
The rooms are quite small, but not necessarily by Munich standards. A couple of the staff members were less polite than the majority of them. I don't think that the hotel cleaning staff is used to dealing with longer stays (in our case, three weeks). I wished that my bed linens were changed more often, and that the floor was swept more thoroughly. (My son would bring in a small amount of sand from the nearby park in his clothes, even though I tried to brush it off, so this was likely more of an issue for us than others.) The breakfast was acceptable, but not as good as some others I've had in Munich. I enjoyed the salmon dinner, but definitely not the panini.
good location, convenient, practical, taxi-stand in front of hotel
Small Entry area/ lobby hardly accommodates larger groups. Small ´´plastic´´ bathroom. Noise isolation to outside is very good, but noises from upper floor (e.g. walking steps) pretty loud...
Silent // next to public transportation // within walking from English Garden.
* Almost every staff we meet greeted us with warm smile & friendly ´´Hello´´ * Good variety & selection of breakfast (based on European standards, charged separately @Euro 11 per person) with nice DIY warm waffles * Supermarket nearby and quiet surrounding albeit nearby cemetery * Airport shuttle bus on regular 15-min frequency a great PLUS to get to the airport (Euro11 per person)
- Towels were merely folded and not changed daily although we did not hang them on the towel racks (as instructed based on Eco tree). On giving our feedback, they mentioned we had to place them on the floor in order that they change the towels (though this wasn't mentioned at all). Nevertheless, they willingly gave us new towels to collect at reception. - Noise at night from dining guests as restaurant located at ground level (even though we'd indicated our request to have a quiet room)
Close by an S-Bahn station
Not much choice of restaurants nearby, but it is easy to travel into the city centre.
the competence and helpfulness of reception staff re incomplete booking info
the hotel only had info of only one of two bookings held for this stay.
Easy access to the city center due to Metro station close by. English Garden accessible by walking. You get what you desire in this category of hotel.
Helpful and friendly reception, fruits and water in the room. A really friendly hotel.
clean rooms / good breakfast / attractive price / polite and helpful staff
towels were old / part of the carpets were dirty
The staff was extremely friendly, informative and accomodating.
I checked in on sunday & was severely disappointed to learn that the hotel does not exchange currency exceptfor payment of room. That was the first I have ever encountered this policy and therefore had no money until the bank opened on Monday. No money no dinner!