Hotel built in 1987, Last complete renovation 2014, Last partial renovation 2006, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 67, Number of single rooms 1, Number of double rooms 4, of which have 2 separate beds 46, of which have a double bed 4, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 16, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 6, Number of apartments 0, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 34, Children's beds/cots 3
Rua das Hortas, 4c, 9050-024 Funchal, Portugal
- City centre (Funchal) 0.2 km
- Airport (Madeira Airport (FNC)) 18.0 km
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- Travelers' checks
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 4 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 EUR
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 12:30.00 until 14:30.00 and from 18:30 until 21:30.00
- Hotel bar
- Outdoor swimming pool open from 09:00.00 until 18:00.00
- Solarium Fee 0,00 EUR
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Breakfast from 07:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Provider Hotel
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Individually controlled ventilation in 0 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Use of sun lounger during your stay
- Free garage in or directly by hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Windsor
fica no centro da cidade do Funchal, perto de varios transportes publicos.
Este Hotel e muito velho, por isso no atual tempo não merece nem uma estrela.
Staff very friendly, can speak in good English. If we needed any information they were always ready to help us.We really liked there.
As we spent much time visiting many sights, we failded to have a chance even to see a swimming pool because of working time: it was open only from 10.00 a. m. and cloced at 7.00p.m.
4 Star Hotel and they do not accept credit cards!!
Central location. Desk top fan in room (see below). Small pool. Was able to leave suitcase for the day. Air con in reception area. Efficient check-in/out.
No air-con in room - UNBEARABLY HOT (70% humidity in August). Noisy lift. Safe and fridge had to be paid for (locked). Low-quality breakfast. Cash only for payment. Only one window opened. Very small room. Clients included noisy English families. Pool only opened at 9 am.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
We picked up the hotel partly because good Hotel.de ratings (primarily to low-noise) and 4 star rating. However, we found out exactly the opposite: - Rooms are >very< noisy (we were offered the room on the other side which was dark and completely inappropriate and looks more like a cellar) - We really don't know what gives this hotel a 4 star rating - rooms are mediocre, very hot and with high level of street noise, there are no extras (pools, etc...), breakfast food is dull, minibar in the room is empty, did we mention the noise - it is hardly bearable. To make the matters worse, other hotel with lower star rating that we stayed in Funchal was way better than this one.
It's anouced as 4 star hotel but it should not be more that 2 to 3 star!!! For a 2 to 3 star the price is ok, but I booked it because 50€ for a 4 star in Funchal was very cheap. I realy don't understand how this hotel is still rated 4 star. It's realy amazing.