Hotel built in 1800, Last complete renovation 2000, Last partial renovation 2012, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 43, Number of single rooms 16, Number of double rooms 23, of which have 2 separate beds 10, of which have a double bed 13, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 5, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 5, Number of rooms with air conditioning 4, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Women's hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 43, Hypoallergenic rooms 43, Family rooms available 2, Children's beds/cots 2, WKO-FVH Rating 1, WKO-FVH Rating valid until 2016-06-17
Mayergasse 6, 1020 Vienna, Austria
- Station (Wien - Hauptbahnhof) 5.0 km
- City centre (Wien) 0.62 km
- Airport (Vienna International Airport (VIE)) 17.82 km
- Highway (Südosttangente) 5.0 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Credit cards are not accepted
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is a 5-minute walk away
- Marked disabled parking space
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 12 EUR
- Garage is a 3-minute walk away
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 1 EUR Fee per day 3 EUR
- Senior Comfort suitable communal rooms
- Seating with armrests in reception area
- Interior lighting in public areas with motion sensors
- Within walking distance of public transport max. 500m
- Background music not louder than 40 db
- Car parking is near the entrance, min. 350 cm wide and on firm ground.
- Senior Comfort suitable food service
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in guest rooms
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in hallways
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in public areas
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Special facilities for the disabled (visually impaired/deaf)
- Wheelchair users can check door widths at reception
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 1 EUR
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 4
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access
- Senior Comfort suitable room incl. bath
- Separate reading light for bed
- Sound-absorbent doors
- Separate luggage storage space
- Spacious wardrobe (linen shelf, hanging options)
- Bed at least 100 cm wide (single bed), at least 180 cm (double bed)
- Hooks for bath robes in bathroom
- Additional seating option in bathroom
- Generous storage space in the bathroom
- Large dogs permitted
- Pets permitted
- Hotel safe
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Chemist and doctor can be contacted via reception
- Excursion offers, e.g. for day trips or other excursions which can be run either unescorted or for groups
- Information material about the hotel, region and local events
Evaluations of Hotel Praterstern
Convenience for metro and rail stations
Perfect value for money! Central location, low street noise, HD-TV Programs. Highly recommended!
The soundproof quality in the room is not perfect, but for this price is more than enough... :)
Extremely clean hotel, friendly people, nice old building to enjoy the spirit of ancient Austrian buildings but extremely clean and modern rooms. In the case of nice weather you can enjoy your breakfast in a nice small internal garden. The hotel is more than 100 years old and the building was a former residence of the game keepers of the Emperor. The entrance was formerly used by horses. The hotel is located in a strategic position near the Prater: two metro stations nearby and the train station with trains (S7) going straight to the Airoport. I was astonished when I discovered that the hotel has only one star ... it should be classified at least as a three stars hotel!
The direction should provide soap and shampoo in the bathroom instead of the dispenser. People not accustomed to Vienna should know that the Prater is not exactly at the center of the town - which is at three stops of the metro (or 800-1000 meters of easy waking distance).
Our room was wonderful! We'd booked it for three people, and when we arrived at 10 in the morning, our room was all ready and had two rooms connected to each other. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We felt like the room had been used only a few times. Both rooms had a table and chairs. The bathroom was large with a nice shower. Breakfast was nice and included in the price, which was low to begin with. The location was perfect--very close to Praterstern, which was great for all sorts of travel. We also enjoyed the friendly staff and the elevator. The beds were comfortable, and we had tons of towels and pillows. Also, it was a very convenient ride from the airport--just take the S7 right to Praterstern.
The only negative things I can think of were that the smoke from the smoking rooms drifted under our the door of our non-smoking room, but it wasn't horrible. Also, you have to pay for wireless internet, but it's only 3 Euro for 24 hours, which is very reasonable. We'd also heard that you couldn't pay for your room with a card, so we paid with cash, which was fine. There are ATM's all over in the area.
attractive price-performance ratio and very clean. parking capacity is only for 4 medium cars.
In general it was o.k.
clean, easy to access
small room, small bed, noise, cant pay with credit card
Very good location, close to Wien Nord/Praterstern railway/subway station. Room was small but very clean and nice.
The noise insulation of the room was very poor: we could hear every word from the reception located in the same hallway. Breakfast was insufficient: included only coffee and tea to drink, other drinks (juice or even water) had to be odreder with separate charge. Otherweise breakfast was ok.