Hotel built in 1927, Last complete renovation 2015, Number of floors 29, Total number of rooms 1544, Number of suites (separate rooms) 11, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 1544
720 South Michigan Avenue, 60605 Chicago, United States of America
- Station (Chicago - Union Railway Station) 1.41 km
- City centre (Chicago) 1.35 km
- Airport (Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)) 14.36 km
If you are looking for an accommodation right in the heart of Chicago, then look no further. This hotel is located close to the banks of Lake Michigan and between the train stations Van Buren and Museum Campus/11th. The Field Museum of Natural History (2 km) is one of the largest natural history museums in the world.
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Secure parking
- Security patrolled car park
- Restaurant(s) 4
- Indoor pool
- Fitness room
- Beauty parlor
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Security guards
- Fitness centre
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking areas patrolled
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Telephone on the desk
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Windows for opening
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Pets permitted
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
Evaluations of Hilton Chicago
Nothing at all. Service was lousy.
Room was not clean, dark and very expensive.
The room was on the 9th floor overlooking the lake. A great view of the lake and the park area. It was clean and all that one would need on business travel. Lots of great things to visit and see within walking distance +/- 3 miles
the traffic noise was quite a lot. recommend a room at a higher floor. lots of horns blowing made it difficult to rest until well into the late evening
Greta downtown location, walking distance to Grant Park & many restaurants and train.
Expensive parking and lots of traffic at rush hour
Large rooms and nice irish pub in hotel
The hotel is central to the Chicago downtown. There a a dozen elevators to move between floors. It is an elegant hotel and good for conventions or large funtions.
There was no power outlet at or near the desk. Checkout was inadequately staffed. I assume that they are pushing the self checkout where you retrieve your statement from Hilton's website. The hotel has many rooms which are a distance from the elevators and arrange in a maze of wings.
I had several problems with this stay. The hotel did not have my Diamond Status coupons at check in, So I had to ask for them twice. Parking at the hotel is very expensive $41/day v $12 in the lot across the street. The hotel forgot to add my parking to the bill, so again I had to correct the check in process. The luggage storage area is at the far side of the hotel from the entrance and they again charge for storage. Internet access was an additional charge also (even for Diamond Status) In general you only get what you pay for at this hotel and they charge you for every additional service.
beautiful grounds (though very large)
Very nice and plush hotel. Friendly Staff. Very nice rooms.