Hotel built in 1890, Last partial renovation 2011, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 80, Number of single rooms 5, Number of double rooms 24, of which have 2 separate beds 6, of which have a double bed 15, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 3, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 0, Rooms with connecting door 0, Number of suites (separate rooms) 0, Number of junior suites 0, Number of apartments 44, Number of rooms with air conditioning 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 0, Number of business rooms 0, Inn, City hotel, family-run hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 80, Hypoallergenic rooms 0, Family rooms available 0, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 0 rooms
39 Christchurch Road, RG2 7AN Reading, United Kingdom
- Station (Reading) 2.0 km
- City centre (Reading) 1.33 km
- Airport (London Heathrow Airport (LHR)) 34.74 km
- Highway 11.0 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Travelers' checks
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0 GBP
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1
- Hotel bar
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 0
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone by the bed
- Kitchenette in 44 rooms
- Fridge in 80 rooms
- Microwave oven in 80 rooms
- Iron + ironing board in 80 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Free daily newspapers
- Laundry service
- Personal daily newspaper for every room
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 2 day(s)
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Hillingdon Prince
Great room, service and breakfast
Strong artificial light through window - blackout blinds needed
Friendly personell, clean room, spacious parking space, value for money.
Friendly reception staff, pleasant interior.
Television reception poor. Couldn't pick up any wi-if signal in my room.
First room was too small with the bed contacting to the wall.
Second room the neighbours were very noise and we realised the walls were not sound proof.
They say the best things come in small packages - this hotel room did not disappoint. On arrival we were told our room had been upgraded. We were shown to a very small room in an annexe and were initially dismayed. However, this ingeneous little room can only be described as a tardis - it contained a beautiful ensuite, ample storage space and a mini kitchen fitted into a wardrobe, with full size fridge, microwave and even a safe. The bed was very firm and comfy and we had a great night's sleep. Best of all, though, was the superb breakfast. A huge choice (far better than the Radison!) of absolutely everything - even veggies were catered for - washed down with fruit juice and REAL coffee. Produce was from local farms/farm shops and the quality second to none. We can't wait for our next London trip and will definitely return.
Please note // these are not complaints, just little niggles and ALL were immediately rectified. The room was initially freezing cold but we turned the heating up full blast and drank several hot drinks and we were soon as warm as toast. The bed only had 1 pillow each but more were immediately supplied on request. The loo seat was loose and the extractor fan in the ensuite didn't work, but on mentioning these points we were told the maintenance team would attend to these straight away. Someone in the annex was very obviously smoking but yet again we were told this would be rectified. So all in all it boils down to FANTASTIC customer service by staff who really care. Brilliant!
The staff were lovely and welcoming on reception and were also very helpful. The room was clean and in good condition and it was nice to be able to have a microwave and a fridge as most hotels wouldn't have this.
The room itself was fine but I think the bathroom had seen better days and could use a refurb.
SERVIS & ROOM
Friendy staff. Especially the ladies who were responsible for breakfast service.
The staff were very proffesional however the room was terrible.there was a microwave oven. A full size fridge in the wardrobe which generated lots of heat. And a very small window which I had to leave fully open to try and cool down. I would not stay again or reccommend unless you are a contracter.
Free car park at the hotel was super. Location next to good restaurants was super. Easy access to motorway. Friendly reception.