Last complete renovation 2008, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 97, Number of single rooms 28, Number of double rooms 69, of which have 2 separate beds 18, of which have a double bed 51, Rooms with connecting door 2, Number of rooms with air conditioning 10, Hotel closed from 2012-12-23, to 2012-12-31, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 10:30, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Country hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 97, Renovation work planned 2014-01-06, to 2014-01-17, in area other
Grooms Lane 1, NN6 8NN Northampton, United Kingdom
- Station (Leicester (Station)) 33.7 km
- City centre (Northampton) 11.92 km
- Airport (Birmingham International Airport (BHX)) 55.15 km
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
1:00 AM to 1:00 AM
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Secure parking
- Marked disabled parking space
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 2 open from 19:00.00 until 21:30.00
- Hotel bar
- Garden terrace
- Indoor pool open from 06:00.00 until 21:00.00
- Sauna Fee 0 GBP
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 GBP
- Mobile phone reception
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 09:00 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms
- TV remote control
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Iron + ironing board in 97 rooms
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 25,00 GBP
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Parking directly by the hotel
- Bike rental
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 19:00.00 until 21:30.00
Evaluations of Highgate House A Sundial Venue
Quiet. good food. good net . pleasant rural location. warm room.
Room small. could have been cleaner
Very friendly and helpful staff. Delicious breakfast.
I had a nice modern room but I heard others complaining their rooms weren't so nice so you take you take your chances I think.
The hotel from the outside does not look anything like the pictures showing the lovely old house so don't expect anything fantastic. Ive styed at other hotels that do the same where you think you might be staying somewhere grand but you will be a little disappointed.
Had a lovely stay. I am a single parent and went with my 7 year old son. He had a great time and enjoyed the walks and pool. The food was great and really reasonably priced. Breakfast was really good.
The layout of the hotel is a bit strange and takes some getting used to. Seeing as I stayed one night, I'd just got the hang of it before we left. There was a wedding on and I do think you were made to feel you shouldn't go into the main house (although the lady on reception did say we could - she did a face that meant 'may be best you don't'. I was disappointed I wasn't in the main house and think the hotel needs to cater for the average traveller who will provide their bread and butter in the winter when wedding season is over!
Very friendly and helpful staff. Especially the chef in the mornings. Great food.
Pool, gym and sauna would be better co-located.
Reception staff especially helpful. all told, excellent value for money
Only problem was other guests: talking noisily all through the night as they passed by.