Style of hotel and ambience
Designed and built by the famous architects Friis and Molkte in 1967, the seafront Helnan Marselis Hotel near Aarhus offers you comfortable and tastefully furnished rooms and suites, all providing great sea views. The restaurant offers both Danish and international cuisine. Moreover, the Helnan Marselis Hotel offers rooms for meetings and private parties.
Special features of the hotel
construction works in the hotel until oct. 2008 If you park more than 2 nights there is a flat fee of 250,-- DKK.
Hotel built in 1967, Last complete renovation 2009, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 165, Number of single rooms 165, Number of double rooms 165, Number of suites (separate rooms) 2, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Holiday hotel, Beach hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Hiking hotel, No-smoking hotel, Certified Beach Hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 165, Hypoallergenic rooms 165, Family rooms available 2
Strandvejen 25, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
- Station (Aarhus - Central Station) 3.01 km
- City centre (Aarhus ) 3.0 km
- Airport (Billund Airport (BLL)) 78.92 km
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- (Bank) transfer
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 DKK
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 130 DKK
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Car park is a 1-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Marked disabled parking space
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 0 DKK
- Parking with charging facility for electric cars
- Garage is a 1-minute walk away
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 09:30.00 and from 18:00 until 21:30.00
- Hotel bar
- Sunbathing lawn
- Indoor pool open from 07:00.00 until 23:00.00
- Sauna Fee 0 DKK
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 DKK
- Fitness centre Fee 0 DKK
- WLAN operator TDC/Hoist Group
- Door with spy-hole in 163 rooms
- Door with security lock in 163 rooms
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Diabetic food available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Automated external defibrillator on site (AED)
- Wheelchair users can check door widths at reception
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 DKK Provider Hoist Group
- Easy access for wheelchairs
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 4
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Room safe
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 300 DKK
- Pets permitted Fee per day 300 DKK
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Changing mat for babies
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing machine
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- Free use of the sauna
- WLAN in room
- Room service from 06:30.00 until 21:30.00
Evaluations of Helnan Marselis Hotel
Views! Vicinity of Marselisborg forests and the beach for walking/hiking/running. Fast and reliable wifi for working.
The bathtub/shower/shower curtain combination is tight. Time to get rid of bathtubs, replace with more spacious shower cabins, perhaps? No AC in the room (not needed this time of year, though). No refrigerator in room.
Fantastic place! Hotel is located on the beach and you can hear the sea at night. Brekfast is nice. There is a park with reindeers next to the hotel.
You need a car to go there.
Great location with view to the sea. Also nice long path for walking or running by the sea.
Only one thing I didn't like: I asked for an ironing machine, and they told me that they can't give one because there is a dedicated ironing room in the basement. I went there to iron my shirts and all three ironing machine that were there were very old, crappy and dirty. It made my shirts dirty.
beautiful view, best location, good for biking and swimming
special fee for using credit card
the hotel being placed directly on the beach
The room is real Victorian style // great view and perfect decor
The bathroom is very scarse and old. The choice of food is slim and not very good.
Directly on the beach, very nice view and quiet.
Rooms difficult to find and far away from Reception. You may be forced to take an elevator as there are no stairs. The hotel and the rooms are not modern and many things need repair. Everything is looking a bit old and used.
The view of the sea is fascinating.
Only filter coffee available at breakfast. The building is kind of a labyrinth -- different parts are connected on the reception floor only. There are signs towards the reception from the very far areas but they cease before it would be straightforward to find the way.
Very scenic location directly on the beach. Very good breakfast.
The location on the beach comes with a price: the sea can be quite loud.
The sea views and the quietness of the room.
Small choice for breakfast.