Hotel built in 1986, Last complete renovation 2006, Last partial renovation 2017, Number of floors 2, Total number of rooms 26, Number of single rooms 6, Number of double rooms 20, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 07:30, to 22:00, Reception manned from 06:00, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 12:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Trade fair hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, No-smoking hotel, No-smoking room 26, Children's beds/cots 1
Mengeder Str. 664-666, 44359 Dortmund, Germany
- Station (Castrop-Rauxel Hbf) 5.63 km
- City centre (Dortmund) 8.58 km
- Airport (Dortmund Airport (DTM)) 16.79 km
- Highway (A2 - Dortmund-Mengede) 1.3 km
6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 12:00.00 until 22:00.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Mobile phone reception
- Vegetarian food available
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Seating area
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Windows for opening
- Bathroom with shower
- Plan of emergency exits
- Free daily newspapers
- Parking directly by the hotel
Evaluations of Handelshof
very good Food for Dinner
on the day I arrived the BAR was closed at 7 pm, but also every Bar and restaurant in town and I was ´´THIRSTY´´ Hubert Besendorfer
Staff was friendly and ok. Breakfast was ok for its price.
Noise in bedroom caused by fridge. Bathroom quite dark. Bar closed early.
it was clean.. rest was crap
1. water in showers was between cold and very hot.. impossible to take a nice bath. 2. bed was bad, could fell all the springs inside the bed. 3. payment, we have booked with my visa card, when we sunday morning, it was impossible to pay with VISA card, we have to walk to a bank 10 min to a bank and pay a 3 euro transfer fee for their mistake. When we come came they haven´t any coins so we could 1 euro return (come with 220 euro and have to pay 219) and I will not pay extra for their bad service, I suggest I pay 210 euro for their mess in total, but this was not accepted by the mad lady. Our fellows from Denmark was at the room beside us and the pay 210 euro for a similar double room with a extra bed. we pay 219 for a three bed room.. no one could say why??!?!?
I will NEVER return to this hotel milk for coffee was off staff were rude and not helpful at all. I would NOT even use it for a dog kennel Thats all the positive parts of this hotel worth commentating
NEVER EVEN LOOK AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN NOT FIT FOR HUMANS
too much noise in rooms from road side
The room was cold when we arrived at 22:00. We had to turn on the heating. During night I felt cold.
Very good and quite cheap hotel! It's not a pretty building but the rooms are OK. Also nice staff, especially the lady of the house was very kind and helpful. Quiet neighbourhood, 10 min. walk to trainstop and then about 20 min. by train to City Center. That's quite long but in the end the hotel was worth going to!
Generally a nice hotel and the evening dinner in the restaurant was very good.
The rooms really need to be updated. The furniture and fittings are too basic and old fashioned. The choice for breakfast was limited.