Style of hotel and ambience
The four-star Romantikhotel Goldener Hirsch is an upscale hotel and guest house with an excellent cuisine and a well-balanced flair for meetings as well as for individual and business travellers. The lovingly furnished rooms are equipped with shower/WC and TV. The restaurant offers regional and international dishes.
Hotel built in 1616, Last complete renovation 2013, Last partial renovation 2012, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 50, Number of single rooms 15, Number of double rooms 35, of which have 2 separate beds 1, of which have a double bed 30, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 3, Number of apartments 3, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 08:00, to 21:00, Reception manned from 06:30, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 13:00, Latest check-out 13:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Number of luxury rooms 5, Number of business rooms 15, Hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, Country hotel, Holiday hotel, family-run hotel, Family hotel, Hiking hotel, No-smoking room 50, Family rooms available 1, Children's beds/cots 3, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 15 rooms
An der Hasel 91, 98527 Suhl, Germany
- Station (Suhl Bahnhof) 0.61 km
- City centre (Suhl) 1.18 km
- Airport (Erfurt Airport (ERF)) 46.17 km
- Highway (A4 - Wandersleben) 32.2 km
The hotel is located in Suhl and is accessible via motorway. Sights in Suhl are the Arms Museum and the Vehicle Museum. Saalfeld Fairy Caves are not far away. In Oberhof the botanical garden shows an amazing mountain flora and Germany´s largest zoo for reptiles, amphibians and insects.
6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Coach parking space at hotel
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 11:00.00 until 23:00.00
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- Vegetarian food available
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 2
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- DVD player
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 50 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Free daily newspapers
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Parking directly by the hotel
- Bike rental
- WLAN in room
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
Evaluations of Goldener Hirsch
A very nice hotel, I was sent to a new building in the opposite side of the road from the older original one. The new building is clean, well maintained.
For breakfast you need to cross the street - not so fun when it's cold. Wi-Fi a bit slow.
Excellent hotel, great choice at breakfast time, very friedly staff. We stayed in the new building across the road, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of our room. There is free wi-fi and lots of free parking spaces on site. In the evenings we ate in the hotel's restaurant, the food was good but the staff were always stressed. It is also better to go to a reception to book a table for the restaurant as you'll get messed about otherwise, it also takes a little time to get served. Other than that everything was perfect and I would highly recommend this hotel.
Late arrival yet restaurant was kept open in case I needed to eat. 1st class service. Clean room, powerful shower, no charge for car parking, excellent breakfast.
Very nice hotel. Will use this definitly from now on when I´m in Suhl.