Style of hotel and ambience
The Hotel Golden Star in Prague is located in a beautiful Baroque building from the 14th century. It offers elegantly decorated rooms, comfortably equipped with standard amenities. In the morning, the Hotel Golden Star provides a buffet-style breakfast.
Special features of the hotel
The first written notes of the House date back to 1372 when it was owned by the Mayor of Hradcany. After a complete reconstruction, in May 2000 the Golden Star House reopened its ancient gate to glitter with its uncomparable beauty. The recontruction preserved the original architectural elements and completed them carefully with luxury facilities of modern way of life.
Hotel built in 1372, Last complete renovation 2000, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 26, Number of single rooms 1, Number of double rooms 25, of which have 2 separate beds 25, of which have a double bed 25, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 5, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 1, Number of rooms with air conditioning 7, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Hotel, City hotel, Castle hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 26, Children's beds/cots 1
Nerudova 48, 118 00 Prague, Czech Republic
- Station (Praha - Main Railway Station) 2.88 km
- City centre (Prag) 1.75 km
- Airport (Ruzyně International Airport (PRG)) 9.84 km
The Hotel Golden Star is situated in the old town of Prague, directly below the impressive Prague Castle. Due to its convenient location and good connections to public transportation, numerous sights like the Charles Bridge and the St. Vitus Cathedral are easy reachable.
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
0:00 AM to 24:00 PM
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 18 EUR
- Car park is a 10-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 10:00.00 until 22:00.00
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Automatic emergency wake-up alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 EUR
- Breakfast from 07:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Cost per day 0,00 EUR Provider free hotel internet
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Centrally controlled air conditioning
- Temperature controls in 27 rooms
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 0 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 0 EUR
- Hotel safe
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Porter service Cost per item 2 EUR
- Shuttle service to the central station Fee 20 EUR
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 26 EUR
- Shuttle service to the trade fair Fee 20 EUR
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 3 day(s)
Evaluations of Golden Star
Amplasarea hotelului este superba. Camera foarte curata, personalul dragut.
during hot summer days no air-conditioning in the room, in the night was very hot
We were rebooked from The Golden Star Hotel to a sister hotel, The Red Lion. It was very close to The GSH and much smaller.
The Red Lion Hotel patio had longer hours than The Golden Lion Hotel. Rowdy patrons (under our window) kept us up until midnight, 2 nights in a row.
This hotel is located right beside the Prague Castle, the staff speaks english, they are friendly, excellent restaurant.
The toilet kept running which was annoying, and the staff didn't get to fix it before I left. Very typical European hotel room for a single person, only a twin bed, but it was decorated nice, and was comfortable.
the smell of the restaurant goes into the rooms floors.