Style of hotel and ambience
The friendly staff of the family-run bed-and-breakfast design hotel Georg warmly welcome the guests into a homelike ambience. Individually decorated rooms are equipped with high class natural wooden furnishings including all modern amenities. A special highlight is the beautiful, fully equipped and bright tower room for events or seminars. Furthermore, in the mornings, guests can enjoy a rich breakfast buffet in the hotel Georg.
Special features of the hotel
We are a very round hotel! Our philosophy: Just where quality as performance is not immediately visible and verifiable, it is crucial in a confidence rewarded with quality. W-lan is free NOTE: In the period from 23.12.2015-01.01.2015 we do not offer service. Only the pure night is bookable. Also important is the Communication from the time of arrival, as the reception is not occupied continuously.
Hotel built in 1995, Last complete renovation 2006, Last partial renovation 2015, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 23, Number of single rooms 16, Number of double rooms 7, of which have 2 separate beds 4, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 2, Number of apartments 0, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 07:30, to 22:00, Reception manned from 06:30, to 22:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, English-speaking staff available during the day, Number of luxury rooms 7, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, Art/design hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Cycling/biker hotel, Hiking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 23, Hypoallergenic rooms 12, Family rooms available 2, Children's beds/cots 1, Extra-long (over 2m) beds in 10 rooms
Stockumer Strasse 35, 58453 Witten, Germany
- Station (Witten Hbf) 3.72 km
- City centre (Witten) 3.41 km
- Airport (Dortmund Airport (DTM)) 17.93 km
- Highway (A44 - Witten-Annen) 1.11 km
6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Reception manned at weekends:
7:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 EUR
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 0,00 EUR
- Car park is a 0-minute walk away
- Secure parking
- Secure parking for bicycles/motorbikes
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Fee per day 0,00 EUR
- Mobile phone reception
- WLAN operator unitymedia
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Parking areas patrolled
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0,00 EUR Cost per day 0,00 EUR Provider unitymedia
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Microwave oven
- Iron + ironing board
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- TV with international news channel
- Large dogs permitted Fee per day 5,00 EUR
- Pets permitted Fee per day 5,00 EUR
- Vending machine for beverages
- Laundry service
- Parking directly by the hotel
- WLAN in room
Evaluations of Georg
the rooms are nice and cosy. I enjoyed the stay.
I think some more effort can be put in the maintenance. Curtains in my room were partly broken, and this is a quite important aspect in buildings that have no blinds. And it's actually easy to fix, so it should be done quickly.
Very comfortable. Great aesthetics. Good breakfast at a very reasonable price. Convenient for public transport.
No air-conditioning so it was a bit warm in the summer.
Nice hotel comfortable room and clean. Staff are extremely helpful and pleasent
Very nice people
Willing personal, good price, wi-fi connection.
Strange design of interior. Cuppboard and bet coated by little bit not nice color. Even the room was clean the hevy braun cotton cover of bet and sofa did not make good feeling. Would be good to change towels. They are milion times washed and former white is now grey.
Internet connection was needed during the stay. But there was no any explanatipon about how to get it, how to use it.
Although the shower and the bath both were available, there should be shampoo in the shower, whereas it was available in the hand washign basin. First night there was no any towel in the room and it was very late night to ask and get it done.
Very clean. Very friendly staff. Nice bathroom. Good beds. Enough room to store your luggage. For us the perfect hotel!
The noise of the traffic. A busy street.