Hotel built in 1982, Number of floors 3, Total number of rooms 19, Number of single rooms 6, Number of double rooms 13, of which have 2 separate beds 13, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 4, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 3, Number of apartments 19, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned at weekends from 06:00, to 00:00, Reception manned from 06:00, to 00:00, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Bed-and-breakfast hotel, City hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 5, Children's beds/cots 2
Kriegsstr. 51, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
- Station (Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof) 1.38 km
- City centre (Karlsruhe) 0.63 km
- Airport (Karlsruhe Baden-Baden Airport (FKB)) 33.99 km
- Highway (A5 - Karlsruhe-Mitte) 3.5 km
6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- American Express
- Electronic cash
- Billing to corporate account possible
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 12,00 EUR
- Fire alarm
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Cable TV
- TV remote control
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Full-length mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Plan of emergency exits
- Hotel safe
- Washing machine for guests
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Gästehaus Am Karlstor
No phones available on the room. Small bathroom and uncomfortable.
- Sehr günstig - Für einige wenige Übernachtungen ausreichende Zimmerausstattung - Zentrale Lage und unweit vom Bahnhof - Rezeption lange besetzt
- Bei einem längerem Aufenthalt würden die karge Raumausstattung und die Hellhörigkeit der Räume zur Belastung. - Eine Renovierung würde dem Hotel guttun.
It is worth the price in this region
The place is not so easy to find.
unfriendly staff, no service, run down room, noisy from the road outside
Zimmer okay sauber...
Frühstück eher armselig...wenig gesunde vollkorn produkte
EUR 55 für ein Doppelzimmer ist sehr preiswert. Entsprechend wurden die tiefen Erwartungen erfüllt. Morgenessen ist gut. Zentrumsnähe sehr gut.
the reservation was done for 2 rooms. on our arrival, only one room was available.
Nice quiet place.
bathroom ventilation noisy, but only when lights on.
The room interior was very comfortable and clean. The personnel handled the various problems in a professional manner.
For some reason the hotel is not ´´Gästehaus am Karlstor´´, but ´´Hotel am Karlstor´´ and is around the corner (at a different address). Although staff assured me that there would be a personnell until 22:00, the hotel was locked and I had to telephone for a key to get to my room. At arrival I found the shower door broken/removed, leaning against the wall.
noisy because of traffic, poor equipment (TV defect), old carpet