Hotel built in 1865, Last complete renovation 2008, Last partial renovation 2001, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 66, Number of single rooms 44, Number of double rooms 16, of which have 2 separate beds 7, of which have a double bed 9, Rooms with connecting door 2, Number of junior suites 6, Number of rooms with air conditioning 66, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, English-speaking staff available during the day, English-speaking staff available at night, Number of luxury rooms 6, Number of business rooms 60, Hotel, City hotel, Business hotel, Trade fair/conference hotel, No-smoking room 66, Children's beds/cots 2
Centralbahnplatz 14, 4002 Basel, Switzerland
- Station (Basel - Bahnhof SBB) 0.12 km
- City centre (Basel) 1.43 km
- Airport (Zürich Airport (ZRH)) 72.63 km
- Highway (Zürich-Basel) 0.7 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Diners Club
- American Express
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Public Internet terminal Hourly rate 0,00 CHF
- Hotel-owned car park Fee per 24 hours 35 CHF
- Garage in the hotel Fee per 24 hours 35,00 CHF
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 06:30.00 until 00:30.00
- Hotel bar
- Open-air restaurant/beer garden, etc.
- Garden terrace
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 CHF
- Mobile phone reception
- Door with spy-hole in 66 rooms
- Door with security chain in 66 rooms
- Door with security lock in 66 rooms
- Breakfast from 06:30 o'clock to 10:30 o'clock
- Vegetarian food available
- Wholefood available
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Provider Swisscom/Bluewin
- Satellite TV
- TV remote control
- Internet TV
- Separate luggage store
- Telephone by the bed
- Telephone on the desk
- Room safe
- Temperature controls in 66 rooms
- Centrally controlled ventilation
- Soundproof windows
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with bathtub
- Bathroom with shower
- Bathroom with window
- Heated towel rack in bathroom
- Plan of emergency exits
- DSL/broadband Internet access in 66 rooms
- TV with international news channel
- Pets permitted Fee per day 10 CHF
- Hotel safe
- Porter service Cost per item 0,00 CHF
- Free daily newspapers
- Business center
- Car rental
- Sightseeing tours
- Laundry service
- Shoe-polishing service
- 1 bottle of mineral water
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Towels changed every 1 day(s)
- Beddings changed every 1 day(s)
- Room service from 07:00.00 until 22:00.00
Evaluations of Euler
Very close to Bayer Basel
High quality furnishing, nice staff, perfect location
Noise, noise, noise. 7 tram lines are crossing in front of the hotel, making it impossible to sleep.
Breakfast is to expersive.
Central location and right next to Starbucks!
Trams making a noise late at night and early in the morning as its a major station out the front of the hotel. Breakfast was basic and staff were not very friendly. The whole hotel looked like it hasn't been decorated since the 80's. Clean and tidy but not a standard I expected for the money.
The only negative comment is that the guest left a small box of cufflinks in the room in error on the table where he left the tip for housekeeping and the box was not turned into lost and found.
main tram stop directlhy in fornt of htehouse
Piano bar lovely, staff excellent, valet parking a big bonus (and less expensive than public parking in the area). Position within a few minutes walk of the centre and right on several tram lines makes it a great place to explore from.
Noise in the room is a problem due to huge tram interchange right outside the front door.
It's a high-quality hotel in an excellent location, with helpful and friendly staff. The room was nicely appointed, clean and tidy. The piano playing in the foyer of an evening is lovely.
The noise problem comes not from outside, but from the other rooms. If (like me) you have a heavy snorer next door, or someone who gets up 3 times a night in the room above, then you are going to get woken up unless you bring your earplugs. It's really the only thing I can fault the hotel on.
Upgraded to a bigger room
Room on the front side of the hotel where the trams are passing
The staff helped me through a terrible situation in which I had become separated from my wallet. They voluntarily offered a solution to enable me to finish my international trip. Very impressive staff!
Hotel should try to get some exercise machines, such as a stationary bicycles or treadmills.