Hotel built in 1965, Last complete renovation 2005, Number of floors 5, Total number of rooms 35, Number of single rooms 12, Number of double rooms 10, of which have 2 separate beds 0, of which are suitable as three-bed rooms 11, of which are suitable as four-bed rooms 2, Hotel open all year round, Reception manned 24 hours a day, Earliest check-in 14:00, Latest check-out 11:00, Multilingual staff on hand 24 hours a day, Hotel, City hotel, Station hotel, Business hotel, Boutique hotel, Suite hotel, family-run hotel, child-friendly hotel, Family hotel, Women's hotel, Hostel/Youth hostel, No-smoking hotel, Gay and lesbian-friendly hotel, No-smoking room 35, Family rooms available 1
Argyle Square 19, WC1H 8AS London, United Kingdom
- Station (London - Kings Cross Railway Station) 0.29 km
- City centre (London Oxford Circus) 2.6 km
- Airport (London City Airport (LCY)) 12.54 km
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Reception manned at weekends:
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
- Electronic cash
- Travelers' checks
Accepted payment methods
- Reception (lobby)
- Car park is a 10-minute walk away
- Restaurant(s) 1 open from 07:30.00 until 09:30.00
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Video surveillance of entrances
- Video surveillance of hotel lobby
- Video surveillance of hallways
- WLAN with Internet access in lobby Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Breakfast from 07:30 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Breakfast for early risers from 07:30 o'clock to 09:30 o'clock
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in guest rooms
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in hallways
- Visual alarms for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing in public areas
- Audible smoke alarms in guest room
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Hotel auto linked to fire station (Alarm automatically notifies fire station)
- Emergency exits for each floor
- Guest rooms accessed by interior entrances
- Building meets all current local, state and country building codes
- Guest room doors self closing
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Emergency back-up generators
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff Red Cross Certified in CPR
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Automated external defibrillator on site (AED)
- WLAN with Internet access in rooms Hourly rate 0 GBP
- Wheelchair-friendly rooms in accordance with DIN 18024, 18025 Number 0
- TV remote control
- CD player
- Room safe
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Windows for opening
- Make-up mirror
- Bathroom with shower
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- DVD player
- TV with international news channel
- Hotel safe
- Classic concierge service
- Express check-out
- Shuttle service to the airport Fee 15 GBP
- Sightseeing tours
- Use of an Internet terminal at the hotel
- WLAN in room
- Pets not allowed
Evaluations of Elmwood
they charged extra for almost every normal service that would be expected as standard. extra to use the room safe, extra to store suitcase for a few hours after checkout, extra for using a debit or credit card from a non-uk bank. PATHETIC
The only thing was good it was warm enough.
The noise was unbelievable, the shower was blocked and on the floor was so much long black hair.
I was unable to travel to London on the day and sent an e mail to the hotel to advise. So far I havn't had a response re any compensation....(2 days later)
Breakfast was poor. Not as advertised and staff not welcoming.
Breakfast was ok. Relatively calm, only 5 mins footwalk to King's Cross.
Very cheap hotel, don't expect anything. Rooms VERY simple and not clean, the bathroom was dirty. They charge you an extra fee of 3.5% for paying with a credit cards!?!
Cost effective in a good location close to Kings Cross station.
Receptionist advised me to turn the valve anticlockwise to turn the heating on. I did this and the radiator came on. The problem was the room was freezing cold and it wasn't until the morning that the room warmed up. The en suite shower/wc never warmed up. Luckily there were 2 extra blankets in the cupboard which kept most of me warm (except my nose). Having travelled a long way I was too tired to complain further.
Natural bed linen, no plastic windows. Thanks for that! Kettle, tea, coffee and sugar bags. Thanks. Taxi (a nice driver, thanks to the nice boy!) Normal TV on the desk, in other hotels it is high by the ceilings. Thanks. The room was warm on the first days, but cold later...
Additional money demanded for my stay, 44 pounds. The pay for the first night taken though it was promised not to take money from my credid card. I was shocked. AWFULLY NOISYnights, loud shouts for hours, I suspect the stuff, in Asian languages. The only night I could sleep was New Year, most probably, all noisers ran to the Thames to watch fireworks. No towel one day. Nasty breakfast, so monotonous. In Paris I was in one star hotel, and the breakfast was gorgeous. No star for this hotel. Quite dirty..
Free WiFi is also appreciated. It's a nice hotel.
Very close to St Pancras Station. Good value for the price paid.
Double bed and room very small.
Nice hotel ang good location.