Hotel built in 1981, Last complete renovation 2013, Number of floors 4, Total number of rooms 149, Number of suites (separate rooms) 46, Earliest check-in 15:00, Latest check-out 12:00, Hotel, No-smoking room 149
7401 Northwoods Boulevard, 29406 Charleston, United States of America
- City centre (Charleston) 20.85 km
- Airport (Charleston Air Force Base-International Airport (CHS)) 4.33 km
- Diners Club
- American Express
- Japan Credit Bureau (JCB Intl.)
Accepted payment methods
- Hotel-owned car park
- Car park is directly by hotel
- Restaurant(s) 2
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Fitness room
- Fire alarm
- Smoke detectors
- Sprinkler system
- Fitness centre
- Door with security lock in 0 rooms
- Smoke detectors in all rooms
- Hallways equipped with fire exstinguishers
- Hotel has emergency lighting
- Hotel staiways ventilated
- Hotel complies with country/state/local fire laws
- Audible smoke alarm in hallways
- All guest rooms equipped with sprinklers
- All hallways equipped with sprinklers
- Parking area equipped with lights
- Video surveillance recorded 24 hrs a day
- Hotel staff trained in first aid
- Hotel staff trained in automated external defibrillator usage (AED)
- Coffee machine/tea-maker
- Iron + ironing board
- Emergency information
- Plan of emergency exits
- Safety deposit boxes at reception
- Air conditioning in public areas
- Express check-out
- Business center
- Laundry service
- Store/mini supermarket
Evaluations of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites Charleston Airport
Hotel is fine.
Area immediately around the hotel is not so great.
The Double Tree referred me to another Hilton property (Homewood Suites) that was luckily right next door. The accommodations were very nice at the Homewood Suites. I would rate the Homewood Suites a solid 8 out of 10, maybe more. It looked as if the interior of the hotel had been totally renovated. I would recommend the Homewood Suites.
Upon my arrival I was notified that the Double Tree had overbooked even though I had made reservations weeks in advance. I don't know anything about the interior of the hotel. The exterior could use some work. I don't know if I would recommend the Double Tree. There was no other concession that I was given for my trouble.
1.- Very clean rooms, 2.- Very easy to book, same as checkout.
There was a storm at night and was a bit noisy, I know is probably difficult to eliminate though.
The rooms are bigger than any other normal room , that was fantastic!
The staff was friendly, the location was excellent, restaurants were close.
Housekeeping did not clean my room one of the days and one of the days they forgot to refill the coffee in the room and didn't completely freshen the room up.
Very comfortable room, very modern.
I could hear the highway noise.
The room was nice. If they clean it, the room is a pleasant place to stay and work.
Loud construction at the property. Lack of parking and lack of access from the rear of the building. Housekeeping failed to clean my room and when they came in the following day they didn't do much better.
nothing I can think off
The staff was friendly and helpful
very limited parking and no access to the building from the rear parking lot
Have reviewed hotel in the past -- keep coming back to this one when on business travel in Charleston. Not much has changed for the better or for the worse since last time so no specific deviations from previous comments.
- Elevators are still slow. - Location still far (15-20 min. drive) from downtown or beaches